B 5 thoughts

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Sat May 16 06:36:56 EDT 1998

From: Mary Oswell <moswell at clubi.net>
Date: 15 May 1998 09:48:21 -0600

    There are a couple of things I must tell you. First, I was an
audience member at your first Babylon 5 panel at the San Diego Comic
Con. One of my friends(the same on that got me hooked on the Con in the
first place), required my presence for what would be a "cool new show"
panel. I have always enjoyed good science fiction so I thought it was
worth a try. The panel was great, but I was less than enthusiastic about
the pilot. Fortunately my friend wouldn't take no for an answer and I
kept watching. Needless to say I have been handsomely rewarded for my
investment. Thank you for doing work that makes other people in your
industry work harder and better.
       I have the most respect for you, however, for keeping your word.
That first panel you said(and I do believe my own ears), "Five years, no
more". In five years of panels and time on the web, you have kept faith
with your viewers and I can't tell you how great that is. I have never
heard you make a promise to your audience you didn't keep and in a
business where the TV News refuses to see that it has become  hard edge
entertainment, speaking the truth is a big deal. If you don't make it to
the Con, I will miss seeing you, and I will surely miss B5 when it ends,
but I do believe that I'll be waiting for your new show. I know that if
you put your name on it, its going to be worthy of my time.
        When we can really say we are all one despite our differences,
we will have achieved a great thing. Easier said than done, Great Maker.

Mary Oswell