Claudia Confirms She Quit

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Tue May 19 06:21:55 EDT 1998

From: "Mac Breck" <macbreck at timesnet.net>
Date: 18 May 1998 11:46:42 -0600

    [The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set]

I don't think I'd say that Tracy Scoggins can't act her way out of a paper
bag, however I don't think she's as good an actress as Claudia.  I suppose
I'd characterize Ms. Scoggin's acting as "wooden" (I am making absolutely no
inference or comparison to Michael O'Hare's acting here.  I liked his
acting.).  I don't know if it's the material that's written for her, or her
acting ability, or lack of personality, but to me she's always dead serious,
almost always one-dimensional, and has absolutely NO sense of humor.  I
don't know if it's the character or if it's her, but her portrayal of
Lochley is BORING.  There's none of Ivanova's dry sense of humor (which I
really grew to love).  It's as if Lochley always has her guard up, and will
not let anyone see anything else of her except the professional face she
puts on.  Ivanova and Sheridan let their guard down and related to the other
characters on a level that was not "Captain" to the other character.  It
seems that Lochley is "Captain" and nothing else.
There's a professional face that you have at work, and then there's a
personal face that you have with your friends.  At work, you act like you're
at your job.  When relating to your friends, you don't treat them like
they're part of your job.  You treat them like they're your friends.
Lochley doesn't have this second dimension (at least in the episodes that
we've seen so far).  The closest we've seen her get to this was Day of the
Dead, and that was with somebody who is not living.
If only CC hadn't fubared her (and Marcus') whole storyline.....
[expletive deleted]  !!!
Mac