ATTN JMS: Voice of the Resistance Con - "Economical" with the truth

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Thu May 21 07:01:37 EDT 1998

From: paulh at sifnos94.demon.co.uk (Paul Harper)
Date: 20 May 1998 12:14:10 -0600

Mr. Straczynski,

You state in a post in another place that you are boycotting the VOR
convention because it's run by basically the same people who run the Wolf
359 Convention in the UK, and with whom you have some outstanding issues.

Would it not be more truthful to say that you are not attending the VOR
convention because you were not invited?  It is difficult to boycott
something you're not invited to!

After the pain in the arse you made of yourself at the last Wolf, the
decision was made (I believe) not to invite you to any more of their
conventions. This was some time before your public outburst at the
committee.

To your credit (and to maintain truthfulness on my part) you did apologise
publically on the UK B5 group for your bad manners at the convention, but I
do not expect that this will make any difference to the committee's
decision - I know it made no difference to the unpaid volunteer stewards
that you upset.

Don't get me wrong here - I dislike Mr Cooney with a vehemence even you
might find hard to believe. I simply state the above to set the record
straight, and that your non-attendance at the VOR convention has nothing
whatsoever to do with your opting not to go.

Also, it is my understanding that the VOR con is not a Wolf production, and
it would be wrong to suggest otherwise.

Regards,

Paul Harper
-- visit the Page's Bar home page : http://www.rednet.co.uk/homepages/stbob/
A .sig is all well and good, but it's no substitute for a personality.
(E_Mail: Remove "NOSPAM" from e-mail address when replying)