ATTN JMS: The back burners

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Mon May 25 06:40:59 EDT 1998

From: "Jeff Bauer" <babylon at nauticom.net>
Date: 23 May 1998 11:02:09 -0600

	I've heard you talk quite a bit about all of the other writing projects
that you have simmering on the back burners.  Plays, novels, short stories,
scripts, etc.
	This in itself isn't an unusual thing;  many writers work on several
projects at once...just as many others can only work on one thing at a
time.
	But...how easy is it for you to switch gears?  While writing itself is
simply telling a story, each medium calls for a completely different set of
rules and processes.
	Do you find yourself, for example, saying "I think I'm in my novel-writing
 mood today"..?
	Or do you, being a somewhat obvious workaholic who just loves what he
does, find it easy to pick up any of these projects at any given time and
jump in full steam?
	I don't know if the majority of the group tires of people like myself who
always seem to ask writing questions.  But to me that is what B5 has always
been about.  The show is not about FX, explosions or PPG combat scenes...
--
Jeff Bauer
Keeper Of Jeff's Babylon 5 Update Page

And The Storekeeper at "The Sci-Fi Bookstore" in association with
Amazon.com:
http://www.nauticom.net/www/babylon/store/store.htm