Noble Dignity in Meditations

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Sun May 31 06:35:59 EDT 1998

From: tbetz at panix.com (Tom Betz)
Date: 30 May 1998 14:23:14 -0600

Quoth jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5) in <1998052920184200.QAA22039 at ladder03.news.aol.com>:
|[...much delightful prose regretfully snipped...] Yes, we still have a hell of
|a long way to go, yes there are problems, no we can't ever stop trying to
|address and fix the problems that exist, we can't get complacent... but we've
|beaten most of the microbes and the diseases, conquered the air, given birth to
|Mozart and Buddy Holly,

... and Norman Corwin, at whom I am marvelling once again as that 1996
PBS documentary. "Corwin" has drawn me away from Usenet for 80 minutes. Now
I have returned to read this, with the rhythms of Corwin still ringing in my
ears and through my veins -- and what I hear is one of Corwin's spiritual
sons at work while at leisure, here on the Net!

|and we ought to once in a while allow for a moment of
|quiet pride in that.

Thank you for continuing to remind us, ever so subtly (and often subversively)
that we still have so much to be proud of.

|Because you can't build on what you ain't proud of having done in the first
|place.

As long as there are folks like Straczynski building on that strong foundation,
despite the commercial pressures of the mass medium they must work in, there will
remain reason to hope for a future.

--
|We have tried ignorance       |            Tom Betz, Generalist               |
|for a very long time, and     | Want to send me email? FIRST, READ THIS PAGE: |