JMS: Anti-VORcon?

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Fri Oct 9 06:11:41 EDT 1998

From: dstrathmore at my-dejanews.com
Date: 8 Oct 1998 10:30:41 -0600

Mr. VorCon person (sorry don't know your name, sir),

I believe the problems with VorCon have less to do with JMS and more to do
with Vorcon!!!	I have two friends, both of whom bought tickets; neither
check has been cashed (and they don't know each other), much less been sent
ANY information!  This is causing a good deal of antipathy in fandom.  (While
you might consider yourselves fans, as I'm sure you are, you obviously don't
know the fandom; the fandom is hesitant, seeing this as a "commercial event"
without key support.  JMS is a vital part of the B5 experience for many fans,
too, in case you hadn't noticed, and that is probably also part of the
problem!)

How can you have any official B5 presence in this if you guys are at odds with
the producer?  Just curious.

Anyway... because of the PR problems you have had, I made the decision not to
go.  I am sorry, too because I am sure it would have been fun, but it's
difficult to plunk down all that money for an untried event that has the air
of controversy about it.

Derek Strathmore
dstrathmore at my-dejanews.com