JMS on CompuServe (Sep 28, 1998) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at johndelenn.com bbarrett at johndelenn.com
Tue Sep 29 01:47:42 EDT 1998

    Sb: #47828-WB Home Video
    Sb: #47800-#Mimbari Language
    Sb: #47965-#Mimbari Language
    Sb: #48028-Mimbari Language
    Sb: #48034-#Ponderings of a B5 fan
    Sb: Minbari Language
    Sb: #<Dark Genesis spoilers>
    Sb: #47913-#Joe- Spec vs Story Idea?

   the *complete* series." ]

 #: 47928 S2/Bab 5: General
    24-Sep-98  20:59:06
Sb: #47828-WB Home Video
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      No, I was referring to the WB deal, which was what you asked about.  I
do know that the WB home video covers all five seasons, I don't know about
Columbia House for sure.

                                                                    jms

 #: 47800 S2/Bab 5: General
    23-Sep-98  19:29:08
Sb: #47728-#Mimbari Language
Fm: SYSOP DUPA T. PARROT

Message text written by JMS:
>> "Is there a minbari word that Means Titanic?"
      Trk'voy-ahgr. <<

Well it's taking a bloody long time to sink to the bottom.

 -SysOp Dupa T. Parrot, Technical Consultant
 http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/dupa
 OzWin 2.20 O-

 #: 47927 S2/Bab 5: General
    24-Sep-98  20:59:06
Sb: #47800-#Mimbari Language
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"Well it's taking a bloody long time to sink to the bottom."

      That Celine Dion just *won't* let go, will she?

                                                                    jms

 #: 47965 S2/Bab 5: General
    25-Sep-98  19:23:08
Sb: #47927-#Mimbari Language
Fm: SYSOP DUPA T. PARROT

>> That Celine Dion just *won't* let go, will she? <<

She's just trying to stay employed like the rest of us. <g>

BTW, who (or what) would you choose to sing the B5 theme song (if any)?

 -SysOp Dupa T. Parrot, Technical Consultant
 http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/dupa
 OzWin 2.20 O-

 #: 47990 S2/Bab 5: General
    25-Sep-98  22:14:03
Sb: #47965-#Mimbari Language
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"BTW, who (or what) would you choose to sing the B5 theme song (if any)?"

      Billy Joel.  No contest.

                                                                    jms

 #: 48028 S2/Bab 5: General
    26-Sep-98  11:15:10
Sb: #47990-#Mimbari Language
Fm: SYSOP DUPA T. PARROT

Message text written by JMS:
>> Billy Joel.  No contest. <<

The obvious next question: Is there a B5 theme song?

Or is this waiting for "Babylon 5: The Musical?"

 -SysOp Dupa T. Parrot, Technical Consultant
 http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/dupa
 OzWin 2.20 O-

 #: 48049 S2/Bab 5: General
    26-Sep-98  21:41:07
Sb: #48028-Mimbari Language
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"The obvious next question: Is there a B5 theme song?"

      If there is, it's probably aired on Dr. Demento by now....

                                                                    jms

      yet we've heard other names for Vorlons.  How can all of them be
      Kosh?
   2. "Is Kosh Naranek any relation to Ulkesh Naranek?"
   3. Points out the similarities in Shadow and Minbari language and asks
      if there are any deeper connections between the two races.
   4. Asks how Lennier could've left the new uniforms in the staff's
      quarters without it being a security violation. ]

 #: 48162 S2/Bab 5: General
    27-Sep-98  15:42:00
Sb: #48034-#Ponderings of a B5 fan
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      1) He was speaking metaphorically.  You're being too literal.

      2) No.

      3) There are language derivations in common dating back to prior
encounters.

      4) He would've gotten security to assist with this.

                                                                    jms

 #: 48211 S2/Bab 5: General
    27-Sep-98  20:57:06
Sb: Minbari Language
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Or from Fastball....

      "You can see the Shadows wandering off somewhere
      They won't make it home but they really don't care
      They wanted the highway
      They're happier there today...."

                                                                    jms

 #: 48050 S7/Babylon 5 Novels
    26-Sep-98  21:41:07
Sb: #<Dark Genesis spoilers>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Yeah, it's a great book, thanks...I really wanted it to be one that
stood entirely on its own.  If you never saw a frame of B5, you could pick up
this book and enjoy it.  It's a kick.

                                                                    jms

 #: 47929 S9/Crusade:PreProductn
    24-Sep-98  20:59:06
Sb: #47913-#Joe- Spec vs Story Idea?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"So, how do you want to work wild-eyed speculation on plots for a program that
hasn't hit the airwaves yet?  Or shall I sit on my twisted speculation (ouch!)
until January?"

      Well, since nothing's aired yet, I think speculations are probably best
suited until after one sees the show...