jms Tells the Chris Carter/CBS story at Loscon

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Thu Dec 2 04:34:57 EST 1999

From: The Reverend Jacob Corbin <webmaster at afriendlysbooks.com>
Date: 1 Dec 1999 15:43:07 -0700

Brian Watson wrote:

> Wow.  Then all his work will continue to be crap then.  It took decades for
> Paramount to run out of steam with Roddenberry's work, and it only took about 7
> years for Fox to run out of steam with Chris's work.  Too bad.

    I don't think it was Fox who ran out of steam with Carter's work -- it was
Carter himself.  The guy's kept stringing people along on "The X-Files" because
he's more or less written himself into a corner, and the audience has gotten bored
with it all.  I don't think Fox had much to do with that one way or another, though
I both commend them for their mercy killing of "Harsh Realm" and am slightly
annoyed with the canning of the JMS project.

    Reverend Jake