A thank you & a small history of the net

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Wed Jan 20 04:53:03 EST 1999

From: Lady Grey <ladygrey at mindspring.com>
Date: 18 Jan 1999 23:33:33 -0700

Dear JMS & a thank you to the rest of the user group:

I know that you have had a great deal of people come out of the woodwork
after the show aired & after it ended as well.

JMS: I have you  to thank as well as a gentleman working at Xerox in
Vienna, VA for getting me onto the net & becoming fascinated with a
"project to be" in 1992/June.

I first saw the actual Usenet in 1990-ish while working for a
multi-sided building for the military. I was unable to find ways to use
it without scaring myself half to death with IBM type computers until
1992 while working as a temp for Xerox.

Charlie Cochran {A name that will live in my lexicon of internet saints}
introduced me to the internet & you at that time. I believe that I was
actually hooked into one of these types of groups at that time.

You were in the midst of explaining how difficult it was to project &
build a history & future for multi-universes at the same time. I found
that discussion satisfying & intensly interesting all at the same time.
I believe that we also ended up talking about the work of another mutual
writing friend...Steven King.

Since that wonderful time when I realized that there was a huge amount
of available intellect & expansive universe molding available; I have:

moved to Florida, to Daytona Beach just north of the Space Coast
finished my 21 year career in the Navy
Found a way to communicate with people about ideas & concepts
and
never stopped watching the show or thinking about how great it would be
to be able to once more come in contact with you & the overall
ideas/concepts  that you were trying to convey back in 1992.

Well. I think you definately filled the bill.
Will there be more?
Most likely.
Will it be this decade?
The new millenium is right around the corner.
Movies could happen but the station was destroyed..

Heck, what's the past for?
Lots of stuff out there yet to be told...

I have faith in you.

It has been a joyous ride so far, JMS....
if you sold stock in babcom; I'd buy it....

cheers

Jacqueline Georgianna Emrys,
CEO/Proprietress
LLD,UnLimited, The Lady Grey Company