Attn JMS - Babylon Productions closed, or not?

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Sat Jun 26 04:46:42 EDT 1999

From: nitflegal at aol.com (Nitflegal)
Date: 24 Jun 1999 16:12:27 -0600

>> This was posted over on the Alt.Asian-Movies newsgroup, by the new
>> Producer of Martial Law. Is what he says true?
>>
>> wrabkin at aol.com

>> wonderful

>near

>into the

>> > history. Which
>
>Just one thing to say...  "What the hell does he know about another person's
>show?"

He knows that the Crusade soundstages and presumably storage space are about to
go to someone else. That's bad, because it will force WB to decide whether the
costs of moving and continuing to store the sets is worth it.

From: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)
Date: 25 Jun 1999 22:02:19 -0600

>He knows that the Crusade soundstages and presumably storage space are about
>go to someone else. That's bad, because it will force WB to decide whether
>the
>costs of moving and continuing to store the sets is worth it.

Sorry, that's totally incorrect.  The sets are all stored and can go up
quickly.

What people don't seem to understand here -- in part by someone looking to
cause a problem -- is that this is *commonplace.*

When we shot the B5 pilot movie, we had pretty much as many sets for that as we
had on Crusade to the point of ep 13.  We didn't shoot it at the Sun Valley
locale, that came later.  We shot it further north of LA, then WB stored the
sets, just as they stored 'em now.

When we got the pickup for the B5 series, we just took the sets out of storage,
found the Sun Valley location, and put them up in fairly short order.

It ain't a big deal.  Doesn't mean there will or won't be a second season, it's
utterly irrelevant either way.