ATTN: JMS - 200 page document

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Thu Nov 25 04:31:30 EST 1999

From: "John W. Kennedy" <rri0189 at attglobal.net>
Date: 24 Nov 1999 09:45:46 -0700

Jms at B5 wrote:
> Where does anyone here have a problem with the concept of private notes?

I, for one, have no problem.

But, Joe, I would ask this of you.  Keep the thing around, and let it be
released someday -- 50 years after your death, if you like.  If no one
then cares about B5 anymore, why, then, so be it.  But if there still is
an interest, scholars will be grateful.

Remember, no matter how much you or others say, "It's just television,"
the fact remains that B5 opened up artistic (I use the word in its most
neutral sense) territories that were hitherto unexplored.  Maybe B5
isn't "King Lear" or "Emma" -- but it's at least "Gorbadoc" or
"Pamela".  You've said that you want to educate us about television --
but don't forget that you also have an opportunity to educate people
about the elusive creative process, as well.  (And the people who Don't
Get why you have a problem with translating "Crusade" into prose make it
clear that education in that department is needed.  I tried to tell
them, myself, weeks ago, but....)

--
-John W. Kennedy
-rri0189 at ibm.net
Compact is becoming contract
Man only earns and pays.  -- Charles Williams