JMS Schedule-Gallifrey? Fiona?

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Tue Feb 15 04:27:10 EST 2000

From: "AndroidCat XENU" <androidcat99 at hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Feb 2000 20:20:15 -0700

Jms at B5 <jmsatb5 at aol.com> wrote in message
news:20000212192633.01117.00000553 at ng-ba1.aol.com...
> >And does anyone know when Fiona is scheduled to be there?
> >

> I sent Fiona an email asking, and this is the reply:
>
> "Space Fantasy Television: A How-To -Saturday 2/19, 12:00pm
> ** Discussion about the planning and implementation of SF television, and
the
> best strategies and success stories
>
> Science Fiction Across the Pond -Sunday 2/20, 2:00pm
> ** Approaching the craft of science fiction from both sides of the
Atlantic
> Ocean, with writers from both the US and UK
>
> Doing a reading of one of my short stories on Sunday around noon-ish.
>
> I hope to autograph after my reading, and have scripts available for
sale."

Those sound like great panel topics!  I'd love to watch them.  (Web cam!)

I can't speak for the Toronto Ad Astra Science-Fiction Convention as a
whole, but I'd certainly put in my vote for you as a guest of honour.  (It's
primarily a written F&SF convention rather than media, but I think you
certainly qualify in that regard!)  I suspect that Toronto Trek would *love*
to invite you as well -- and probably already have.  (Yes, I know, it's got
the T-word in its name, but they are good people, and like to get the
writers as well the actors to the convention.)

Of course, the secret is to get the publishers and agents to the convention,
and then the writers will come.  That's for written SF.  Is there an
equivalent for media SF, or is it a lost cause to get the media people with
any power to a con?  (Mutter, 5 minutes with Ted Turner behind the hotel,
mutter, Narn bat-squad, mutter...)

Ron of that ilk.
www.ad-astra.org