JMS, Shame on you (was Re: ATTN: JMS: Re: Off-topic from jms

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Thu Feb 24 04:27:04 EST 2000

From: Marvin Gersho <mgersho at home.com>
Date: 22 Feb 2000 17:56:01 -0700

I am all for freedom of speech.  However, joking about Reagan becoming
a vegtable does seem cruel.  You have a first amendment right to say
cruel things, but it seems so unnecessary.  I think that Clinton is the
most corrupt and self-serving president of the twentieth century.  Yet I
would never wish Alzhiemer's on him.

Why does it seem like liberals usually think that conservatives are evil
while convervatives tend to think that liberals are misguided?

JMS,  I can understand that your political views are very different from
Reagan's views.  However, could you consider the possibility that his
views were heartfelt, and that he did what he thought was best for the
country?

I have great respect for the intensions of Jimmy Carter and Ronald
Reagan.  They both wanted what they thought was best for the country.  I
just think that one of them was a great deal more effective than the
other.

Marvin Gersho