JMS, Shame on you (was Re: ATTN: JMS: Re: Off-topic from jms

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Fri Feb 25 04:22:12 EST 2000

From: biles at wf.net (C/1Lt. Joe Biles)
Date: 23 Feb 2000 15:32:19 -0700

YES, I was referring to Reagan. I worded what I was saying a little
poorly. What I meant was that as far as JMS' opinions of Reagan are
concerned, Regan would be the consigned "hellmate." <--- Good word.
I'll use it more often.

Biles

On 23 Feb 2000 13:41:40 -0700, Nathan Shafer <shafers at earthlink.net>
wrote:

>norville at sirius.com wrote:
>>
>> the message [JMS] was replying to was this one that I quote, I think...).
>>
>> (C/1Lt. Joe Biles) wrote:
>>
>>> As far as JMS, the only thing I can say is that Nixon is going to have
>>> company in his private little corner of hell."
>>
>> Would you not say that someone was indeed suggesting that JMS was going to
>> join Nixon and Co. in a little corner of hell?
>
>Based on the context, I assumed (and still believe) that Lt. Biles was
>referring to Reagan (for Reganomics, Iran Contra, and the October
>Surprise), not JMS, as Nixon's future hellmate.
>
>However, thank you for pointing out the post; it is entirely possible
>that JMS thought as you did, that he himself was the one being consigned
>to hell.
>
>Joe, if you are reading this, would you confirm or deny?  It would ease
>my mind greatly to know that this has all been simple confusion.
>
>Thanks,
>Nathan Shafer

>>Based on the context, I assumed (and still believe) that Lt. Biles was
>>referring to Reagan (for Reganomics, Iran Contra, and the October
>>Surprise), not JMS, as Nixon's future hellmate.

Nope.  The sentence is self-explanatory.  It refers to me.  I'm a writer, I do
this for a living, I can parse a sentence pretty well.  Words mean what they
mean, and the context here is quite clear.

(all message content (c) 2000 by
synthetic worlds, ltd., permission
to reprint specifically denied to
SFX Magazine)