[B5JMS] Attn JMS: taste; was: various bounced replies from jms

b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu
Tue Feb 27 04:37:36 EST 2001

From: "Shaz" <hypatia at Dial.pipex.com>
Date: 26 Feb 2001 17:53:28 -0700

"Kevin Munoz" <kevin at tesarta.com> wrote in message
news:260220011850209197%kevin at tesarta.com...
> In article <3A9ABA15.D09FC96D at mailbox.bellatlantic.net>, John W.
> Kennedy <jwkenned at impop.bellatlantic.net> wrote:
>
> > I suspect he gets a lot of static from people who want to "save" him.
>
> It's really funny, actually...I've been in my field now for quite a bit
> of time, and not once, NOT ONCE, has anyone tried to "save" me. And I
> work with Christians of all stripes, flavors, colors and odors.

I, on the other hand, used to be a regular, church attending Christian until
a bunch of Bible bashers made it their life's work to make me as 'happy,
slappy, clappy' an evangelist as they were. By refusing to take 'no thanks,
I'm quite happy with my version' and 'go away' for an answer, they put me
off Christianity for life. These days I'm open to any religious approach
that makes sense, including the Minbari one. Actually, I find that makes
MUCH more sense to me than anything I've encountered from official sources.
And the more I hear of people praying for my soul, the more I want to throw
up.

I don't blame God for religion, but I am inclined to applaud the bumper
sticker I once saw in Michigan which said "God save me from your followers".
I know there are loads of decent, honest, faithful members of religions out
there who mind their own business and lead by example, rather than trying to
beat you senseless, but the ones who DO try and beat you senseless drive me
further away every day.

Shaz

>I don't blame God for religion, but I am inclined to applaud the bumper
>sticker I once saw in Michigan which said "God save me from your followers".
>I know there are loads of decent, honest, faithful members of religions out
>there who mind their own business and lead by example, rather than trying to
>beat you senseless, but the ones who DO try and beat you senseless drive me
>further away every day.

There's a great quote from Mark Twain, who once said, "If Christ were here
today, there is one thing he would not be: a Christian."