[B5JMS] Attn JMS: taste; was: various bounced replies from jms

b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu
Tue Feb 27 04:42:36 EST 2001

From: "Christian McNeill" <christian at quicknet.com.au>
Date: 26 Feb 2001 21:04:41 -0700

"Shaz" <hypatia at Dial.pipex.com> wrote in message
news:97etqq$2vf$1 at lure.pipex.net...
> "Kevin Munoz" <kevin at tesarta.com> wrote in message
> news:260220011850209197%kevin at tesarta.com...
> > In article <3A9ABA15.D09FC96D at mailbox.bellatlantic.net>, John W.
> > Kennedy <jwkenned at impop.bellatlantic.net> wrote:
> >
> > > I suspect he gets a lot of static from people who want to "save" him.
> >
> > It's really funny, actually...I've been in my field now for quite a bit
> > of time, and not once, NOT ONCE, has anyone tried to "save" me. And I
> > work with Christians of all stripes, flavors, colors and odors.
>
> I, on the other hand, used to be a regular, church attending Christian
until
> a bunch of Bible bashers made it their life's work to make me as 'happy,
> slappy, clappy' an evangelist as they were. By refusing to take 'no
thanks,
> I'm quite happy with my version' and 'go away' for an answer, they put me
> off Christianity for life. These days I'm open to any religious approach
> that makes sense, including the Minbari one. Actually, I find that makes
> MUCH more sense to me than anything I've encountered from official
sources.
> And the more I hear of people praying for my soul, the more I want to
throw
> up.

I always thought the Minbari religion was all the good ideas found in the
official sources.

> I don't blame God for religion, but I am inclined to applaud the bumper
> sticker I once saw in Michigan which said "God save me from your
followers".
> I know there are loads of decent, honest, faithful members of religions
out
> there who mind their own business and lead by example, rather than trying
> beat you senseless, but the ones who DO try and beat you senseless drive
me
> further away every day.

Just don't go too far.  I know someone who was driven so far away from the
catholic religion that he started challenging their faith.  To me that
behaviour makes him no better than the bible bashers you are describing.

--

Christian McNeill

E-mail: red at underground.com.au
Web: http://red.underground.com.au