[B5JMS] San Diego Comic-Con Thank You

b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu
Tue Aug 6 04:24:21 EDT 2002

From: "Richard Ullman" <rullman at cox.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2002 21:12:28 GMT

Just wanted to thank you for the great time I had at the San Diego
Comic-Con.  Why thank you?  Years ago (early in season two of Babylon 5) I
came across the Lurker^Òs guide on the net, was fascinated with what I had
read on the guide, found the show on TV (no easy task) and followed it all
the way through to the end.  What a great ride!  Drove my wife and family
crazy with endless speculation on what something meant and what would happen
next!  With equal fascination I have followed much of the ongoing dialogue
between you and the rest of us on the net/boards.  Picked up a few things
from you including your interest in comics.  I never read comics while
growing up, but because of the respect I have for you and your work, I
recently decided to give it a try.  I have been rather selective, but
everything I have read so far has been wonderful.  That led me to consider
attending the convention.  I read your endorsement of the event on their
website and that clinched it.   Spent all day Friday (including sitting in
on your one-on-one with John Romita) and really enjoyed it.  While it was
quite overwhelming, this was my first time at this or any entertainment
related convention, I would definitely recommend it to others.

A tip for the rest of you out there:  If want to ask Joe a question at one
of these events, for God^Òs sake, don^Òt bring up anything having to do with
hair!  The poor bastard who made that mistake at Comic-Con on Friday quickly
felt Joe^Òs wrath!  That guy is probably still wondering around babbling to
himself.

Thanks again,

Rich Ullman