[B5JMS] ATTN Jms: I recognized your handwriting in murder she wrote

b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu
Wed Aug 14 04:23:56 EDT 2002

From: "Joseph DeMartino" <jdemarti at bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 13:05:07 -0400

> And I knew you did a few murder she wrote episodes, or is this the
only one? <

That wasn't one at all, being a TV movie that was produced in 2000,
after the series had wrapped. <g>

He not only wrote for the show, he was a co-producer credit for the 8th
season.  The Internet Movie Database does not list the individual
episodes he wrote, but as the producer (and I *think*, at one time,
story editor) he would have *re-written* many of the freelance scripts
to one degree or another, which is common practice in the industry, but
without taking screen-credit, which is not. <g>  I checked a couple of
fan sites, but their information is spotty at best.  Only one of them
bothered to include the writing credits.  (This one:
http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowMainServlet/showid-77 )

It lists two episodes each for the eighth and ninth season as being
written by JMS, as well as the TV movie.  Amusingly a credit in an
episode he *didn't* write caught my eye - another writer had named a
character "Liz Sheridan" <g>

Regards,

Joe

>He not only wrote for the show, he was a co-producer credit for the 8th
>season.  The Internet Movie Database does not list the individual
>episodes he wrote,

>It lists two episodes each for the eighth and ninth season as being
>written by JMS, as well as the TV movie.

Just for the record, since this comes up from time to time and I've never
listed them all in one place, I think...the episodes of M,SW that I wrote are:

SEASON EIGHT
Night Fears
Lines of Excellence
The Committee
Incident in Lot 7
To the End Will I Grapple With Thee

SEASON NINE
The Wind Around the Tower
Final Curtain
(I titled it that because it was to be my last M,SW script since I had to leave
mid-season to do B5.)

And the TV movie "A Story to Die For which was produced after the series itself
was finished.