[B5JMS] 7/12 Jeremiah

b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu
Tue Jul 16 04:24:07 EDT 2002

From: Voxwoman <voxwoman at hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 19:34:10 GMT

After viewing all the friday TV oevres for the second time, I want to
cast my vote in favor of JMS's opinion about this episode of Jeremiah
being his finest writing to date.

just in case I mention something that may be construed as a spoiler....
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
While it's always fun to see starships and outer space and alien mirrors
of our own human foibles, the characters in Jeremiah have a lot more
depth to them than what was developed during the first season of B5. You
also have Jeremiah's obsession, similar to Captain Ahab, something that
actors really enjoy sinking their teeth into, and I think writers enjoy
writing about. The hero here isn't perfect, and he's got some pretty big
character flaws. (this makes me wish that Lucas would consult you, Joe,
about how Darth Vader fell to the dark side... Your version would
probably be way more interesting)

I just wonder how far he's going to fall when he finds what he's looking
for. I don't expect that Jeremiah's father is going to be the icon of
goodness that he remembers (if only because the man's human, and
children tend to idolize their parents while they're young).

I don't know if I want Kurdy and Jeremiah to get back together, but I
love Kurdy's character, and Malcolm Jamal-Warner is really easy on the
eye, so I'd miss him if they really did go their seperate ways.

Jeremiah is intelligent, well-acted drama for adults. Thanks, JMS. I
think you've raised the bar on your "personal best". I can't wait to see
how you wrap up this season.

-Wendy of NJ

>After viewing all the friday TV oevres for the second time, I want to
>cast my vote in favor of JMS's opinion about this episode of Jeremiah
>being his finest writing to date.

Thanks...for me, it's the two parts combined as one big story that pushes it
over the top for me.  And part two is just freakin' huge....