[B5JMS] Smith to pen AMS; JMS to launch new Spidey comic

b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu
Thu May 9 04:28:44 EDT 2002

From: "Kyle L. Dennis" <ifdude at yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 02:17:03 -0600

I know you are getting your own Spidey book but I still wish you could stay
on ASM. It is the best it's been in YEARS.  Unbelievably good.
Oh well.  Has the title for the new series been decided yet?

Later,

Kyle

"Jms at B5" <jmsatb5 at aol.com> wrote in message
news:20020508012816.26385.00004319 at mb-ff.aol.com...
> >What I don't get is, in the past, (i.e. silver age and back) writers and
> >artists could produce not just ONE title and get it out on time, but
> >SEVERAL.  Granted not all were their best work but the fact remains that
> >todays writer/artists should really be able to churn out ONE book a
> >month, as this is all many (JMS, KS) are asked to do.
>
> Well, that and write 2 other books for Top Cow, write a movie for MGM,
write
> and produce a TV series for Showtime...it ain't like I'm sitting around
eating
> bon-bons here....
>
> That said: Let's set the record straight here, shall we?  I've been
writing and
> selling professionally for 30 years.  During that time, prior to last
year, I
> could count the times I've missed a deadline on one hand.  That's it.  In
200
> TV episodes, 3 published novels, 500 published articles and short
> stories...five examples.  In 30 years.
>
> Last year I fell off the face of the earth and got slammed by the worst
patch
> of work I've ever faced.  The thing about writing is that you put a lot of
> things out there knowing that only about 1 in 10 ever gets picked up.
When

From: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)
Date: 08 May 2002 09:25:35 GMT

>I know you are getting your own Spidey book but I still wish you could stay
>on ASM. It is the best it's been in YEARS.  Unbelievably good.
>Oh well.  Has the title for the new series been decided yet?

I think they're just gonna call it SPIDER-MAN, but I haven't heard that
conclusively.  I think Kevin's gonna take a very different slant to his
approach to ASM, so I may transplant wholecloth what I've been doing on ASM to
SM and let him have a clear field.