[B5JMS] Smith to pen AMS; JMS to launch new Spidey comic

b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu
Wed May 22 04:28:48 EDT 2002

From: "Coltrane's Lamentation" <coltranes_lamentationREMOVETOMAILME at hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 01:12:17 GMT

"richard" <richard at nospam.edu> wrote in message
news:aceq39$kr3$1 at news.asu.edu...
>   Would knowing my last name make me any less anonymous to you or JMS?
>

> Richard

Rich (may I call you Rich!)

My original point in responding  was more that the internet and its penchant
for nameless, faceless interaction sometimes allows for people to act less
mature and/or polite than in public conversation.  I have no idea whether
you would be so active in berating JMS if you met face-to-face; regardless
of whether you would or wouldn't I doubt it would be the best way of going
about things.

The difference, it seems, between you and I is that while I, too, would wish
the books weren't late, I evidently don't consider it as important as you do
(this is just my guess based on your posting history recently and not meant
as an insult) and don't turn any displeasure I have with the books being
late into a personal attack, which is how you are coming across.  I suspect
and hope things would be different if the two of you met in person, simply
as a matter of manners.

Take care!
-Coltrane

>The difference, it seems, between you and I is that while I, too, would wish
>the books weren't late, I evidently don't consider it as important as you do
>(this is just my guess based on your posting history recently and not meant
>as an insult) and don't turn any displeasure I have with the books being
>late into a personal attack, which is how you are coming across.

Just as an additional FYI...ASM 41 is coming out next week (the 30th), which is
about 3 weeks after 40.  So we're now coming out early to catch up.  42 will
also come out quickly, art schedule allowing.  Not that this will make much
difference to the usual suspects....