[B5JMS] jms publishing stuff---->question for JMS

b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu
Sat Jan 18 04:25:06 EST 2003

From: Yu Kai-lin <yukailin at earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 18:29:42 GMT

With the closing of DV, what other kind of promotion might you end up
doing for this release? Might you do other local book signings, or
something like the UCLA Festival of Books or BEA at the end of May? Just
wondering, as I know this is a smaller press, so the book won't be as
easy to find as some of the big publishers stuff. And, as usual, it's
always nice to see you, and promoting your written material is more
relaxed then one of your shows.

--
Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Kailin

"I would have followed you my Brother, my Captain, my King."
			Boromir, a Son of Gondor

"When hell freezes over, can we all play hockey there?"
			Anonymous

"May the Goddess whisper your name on the wind."
			Pa'u Zotah Zhaan

"Yes, let's tie ourselves to the crazy vampire."
			Buffy, the Vampire Slayer

>With the closing of DV, what other kind of promotion might you end up
>doing for this release? Might you do other local book signings, or
>something like the UCLA Festival of Books or BEA at the end of May? Just
>wondering, as I know this is a smaller press, so the book won't be as
>easy to find as some of the big publishers stuff. And, as usual, it's
>always nice to see you, and promoting your written material is more
>relaxed then one of your shows.

It's a smaller press, but it's distributed by Simon and Schuster, so my
understanding is that it'll be in all the major chains, like Borders and Barnes
and Noble and others.

Have literally just signed the thing, so we haven't had a chance to talk PR.