[B5JMS] Supreme Power Update

b5jms at cs.columbia.edu b5jms at cs.columbia.edu
Thu Jun 5 04:24:13 EDT 2003

From: christian at jasdigital.com (Christian Smith)
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 16:43:38 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003 14:14:01 +0000 (UTC),jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)
wrote=20

>>>Just an FYI for those who've been keeping an eye on this one...on Augu=
st 6,
>>>Supreme Power will hit the stands,=20
>>
>>I'm really looking forwards to this one it's got to be said
>
>Thanks...as it happens, I forgot to include the url to a peek at the boo=
k (in
>addition to the pieces in this month's Wizard and Diamond Comics Preview=
):

>http://previews.diamondcomics.com/editorial/splashpage/june_03/04_suprem=
ep
>ower.html

OOOOOOOOOOO!=AC pwetty!=20
Gary Frank's art is a big draw, loved him on MN and his Avengers work
too. Having him on this is going to make a sweet deal even sweeter.

Was his position as penciller anything to do with your previous
history on Midnight Nation or complete happenstance?

>>Couple of quick bits though...
>>When might we see the last few Rising Stars issues? PLEASE!!=20
>
>That depends entirely on a situation with Top Cow that is in need of
>resolution.  The delay in writing has not been a delay in writing; it's =
been
>working through some problems with Top Cow for the last...almost year no=
w.  The
>final issues won't be turned in untnil those issues are resolved.

<panic mode!> So there is a *slight* possibility we may never get to
see them?

>>JQ has mentioned that a new Dr Strange series is being "worked on". I
>>know you've said you'd love to be part of this. What are the chances
>>of you being involved?
>

>100%.

Excellent news! I've never been a DS fan, but after you wrote him in
ASM, I've got to say, I'd buy the monthly...

Thanks for answering. Much appreciated

Christian
--=20
"Every new beginning is some other beginnings end..."

ICQ 45494039
(E_Mail: Remove "NOSPAM" from e-mail address when replying)

>Gary Frank's art is a big draw, loved him on MN and his Avengers work
>too. Having him on this is going to make a sweet deal even sweeter.
>
>Was his position as penciller anything to do with your previous
>history on Midnight Nation or complete happenstance?

Totally based on MN.  When Marvel asked who I'd like, the first and only choice
I gave them was Gary.  His people in MN were real people, and I needed this
again in SP.