[B5JMS] ATTN. JMS Life and art

b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu
Sat Mar 29 04:24:47 EST 2003

From: bluebk2 at swbell.net (Phillip Lozano)
Date: 24 Mar 2003 10:11:49 -0800

It's been frustrating in the extreme seeing the hard right turn to
fascism in this country. There was little enough tolerance for dissent
before, but now most of the "liberal" news media have dropped all
pretense of objectivity and become propaganda arms for the current
administration. It has reminded me uncomfortably of the transformation
of ISN on B5 from straight news organization to the lapdog of
President Clark.

Last night while watch the Oscars I had a relative scream at me for
applauding Michael Moore's comments. "Do you want 9-11 to happen
again?" they thundered. It seems the Bush administration has succeeded
in not only making the American public forget that he was not elected
to office, but convinced us that Saddam Hussein was directly
resposible for the World Trade Center disaster and that any *hint* of
dissent is anti-American and tantamount to high treason ... anyone one
doing so is obviously under foreign/"alien" influence, ala John
Sheridan.

So, just out of curiousity, how does it feel to see your
pronouncements of fictional doom and gloom coming true in such a
dramatic, world-impacting fashion?

Phillip