[B5JMS] And So It Begins...

b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu b5jms-admin at cs.columbia.edu
Mon Mar 31 04:24:43 EST 2003

From: Robert Perkins <rob_perkins at hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 04:25:32 GMT

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 20:00:28 -0500, Jim Royal <jimroyal at canada.com>
wrote:

>In article <qkjb8v8ini1bsv2747i4nuva03n3o8gh4q at 4ax.com>, Robert Perkins
><rob_perkins at hotmail.com> wrote:

>Actually, not true. Effecting regime change in Iraq has been a high
>priority for the Bush administration from the day he entered office.
>The current policy of preemptive defense -- specifically relating to
>iraq -- was written by Dick Cheny and Paul Wolfowitz twelve years ago.

I'm keen to read those documents, mostly in order to see if your
summary has any correlation to them. Where are they?

>Afganistan in now in the hands of opium-selling warlords. True, the
>religious opression is gone,

That's a good first step. I don't think anyone is under the illusion
that it can all get done this year.

>as Washington
>is spending much much much more money in bribing its allies than it is
>in preventing the return of chaos in Afghanistan.

AFAIK we still have troops deployed there.

>Not at all. The US has virtually no allies in this invasion.

Also not true, though by the "old" way of doing things our allies in
this sort of look like we've restarted the Warsaw Pact with us in
Russia's place.

>The only
>cooperation it is getting from its traditional allies has been bought.

Bought? With what? And which "traditional allies" would these be?

Rob