[B5JMS] various from jms

b5jms at cs.columbia.edu b5jms at cs.columbia.edu
Fri Jun 18 04:22:32 EDT 2004

From: Aisling Willow Grey <aisling at fjordstone.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 20:10:41 +0000 (UTC)

(in article <n1_zc.305$E64.248 at newsfe1-gui.server.ntli.net>):

> John W. Kennedy wrote:
>> Over on one of the British B5 groups, they've been speculating that
>> you're about to take over "Enterprise", but unless you've suddenly
>> started using the word "series" in the British TV sense (i.e., what US
>> TV calls a "season [of a series]"), that's out.
>
> Enterprise has already been taken over by Manny Cotto. And why would jms
> go and work for Star Trek??<<

Manny Coto is, I believe, show runner; not EP.

As for "why," only JMS can answer that.  But he _did_ imply at the Hawthorne
con (on May 8 of this year) that he'd be willing to do exactly that.  Here's
the verbatim exchange, as transcribed by Jan:

******************

Question:  Since the property's pretty much directionless right now, if
Paramount called you up and said "We wany you as producer in charge of Star
Trek." would you you take it on?

JMS:  You're not gonna believe this...I can't comment on that.  (lots of
laughter) This may mean nothing whatsoever. It's all in the hands of god and
my agent.

Aisling

--
http://www.zongoftheweek.com
Free and legal downloads of fun, original songs