[B5JMS] Err... (gulps) Ahh... JMS, I hope I didn't open a "can of worms"

b5jms at cs.columbia.edu b5jms at cs.columbia.edu
Sat Sep 25 03:16:58 EDT 2004

From: janmschroeder at aol.com (Jan)
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 02:14:48 +0000 (UTC)

JMS wrote:

>You went to someone you did not know, asking a question you knew in your
>heart
>you probably couldn't get an answer to in any event, about a confidential
>matter which that person may or may not yet have been informed
>himself...meaning if he wasn't, he'd feel out of the loop, and if he was,
>he'd
>have to lie or be disingenuous.
>
>You did not "open a can of worms."
>
>You stuck your nose where it did not belong.  Slight difference.

Wow, kinda harsh there, don't you think?

With respect JMS, the email sent to Jerry Doyle doesn't seem much different
from the several thousand times you and the actors have been asked
substantially the same question in person at conventions.  And you've certainly
been around to know that *that's exactly what would happen the second you told
us that there was something definite on the burner*.  Fans are excited and,
considering that you started talking about TMoS being a reality back in
November 2003, is it any wonder that they look for information where they can?
I think it's a mark of the incredible faith fans have in you that they haven't
given up hope during the months of the information blackout.

I've personally witnessed you, Pat Tallman, Jeff Willerth, Jason Carter, Peter
Jurasik, Peter Woodward, Peter David and Harlan Ellison asked tor tid-bits.
Heck, even Stephen Austin the Pak'Ma'Ra!  The actors answer usually includes
the sentiment that they'll believe it when they see the contract.  Seems like a
healthy attitude considering the business they're in.

At this point the wheedling for information is as much asking for reassurance
as it is asking for nitty-gritty details of cast and plot.

Jan

Check out http://rbiggsmemorial.starstuff.co.uk/ for a chance to win wonderful
Babylon 5 Prize Packages and benefit the children of Richard Biggs.