[B5JMS] Problem: Volume 1 scriptbook paid for Nov 9, not arrived.

b5jms at mail.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu b5jms at mail.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu
Thu Dec 8 04:30:25 EST 2005

From: "Andrew D. Wright" <adw at chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 13:40:26 +0000 (UTC)

	I had a friend with a credit card purchase volume 1 of JMS' B5
scripts from CafePress November 9, 2005 for me. The money was taken from
the card and an email acknowledgement of the order was sent but it is now
December 6, 2005 with no book yet arrived.

	An email to CafePress returned that they had no record of the
purchase and they asked for the bank and shipping address information. All
attempts to email this information are rejected by
postmaster at cafepress.com as undeliverable.

	I am not happy and getting less so by the day. They expect me to
have ordered volume 2 by December 2 and they haven't even sent on volume 1
nearly a month later? What sort of outfit is this?

(in article <Pine.GSO.4.58.0512061642590.16349 at halifax.chebucto.ns.ca>):

> 	I had a friend with a credit card purchase volume 1 of JMS' B5
> scripts from CafePress November 9, 2005 for me. The money was taken from
> the card and an email acknowledgement of the order was sent but it is now
> December 6, 2005 with no book yet arrived.
>
> 	An email to CafePress returned that they had no record of the
> purchase and they asked for the bank and shipping address information. All
> attempts to email this information are rejected by
> postmaster at cafepress.com as undeliverable.
>
> 	I am not happy and getting less so by the day. They expect me to
> have ordered volume 2 by December 2 and they haven't even sent on volume 1
> nearly a month later? What sort of outfit is this? <<

I've ordered things from CafePress before (before the scripts, I mean), and I
know _other_ people who've ordered from CafePress over the years, and to me
this sounds like a very unusual situation.  They're definitely an honest,
legitimate company, so what's going on here is obviously some sort of
mistake.  Have you tried calling them to clear this up?  My suggestion is
that you call them, and have on hand all the details of your order (order
number, date, items in order), the details of the credit card you used (bank
name, name on card, card #, exp. date, security code), and a copy of the card
statement that shows the charge.  Obviously if you have proof that the card
was charged, they'll make good on it and send you the item.  I can't imagine
they'd dispute it in the face of absolute proof.

But if you're having trouble e-mailing them, you definitely want to call and
talk to someone in customer support.

Amy

	My friend has been leaving messages at their phone number for
three days now. Their message is that they are having a high number of
calls.

	Can't email them. No reply back to messages. No book.

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Amy Guskin wrote:

> >>On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 08:40:26 -0500, Andrew D. Wright wrote
> (in article <Pine.GSO.4.58.0512061642590.16349 at halifax.chebucto.ns.ca>):
>

> > 	I had a friend with a credit card purchase volume 1 of JMS' B5
> > scripts from CafePress November 9, 2005 for me. The money was taken from
> > the card and an email acknowledgement of the order was sent but it is now
> > December 6, 2005 with no book yet arrived.
> >
> > 	An email to CafePress returned that they had no record of the
> > purchase and they asked for the bank and shipping address information. All
> > attempts to email this information are rejected by
> > postmaster at cafepress.com as undeliverable.
> >
> > 	I am not happy and getting less so by the day. They expect me to
> > have ordered volume 2 by December 2 and they haven't even sent on volume 1
> > nearly a month later? What sort of outfit is this? <<
>
> I've ordered things from CafePress before (before the scripts, I mean), and I
> know _other_ people who've ordered from CafePress over the years, and to me
> this sounds like a very unusual situation.  They're definitely an honest,
> legitimate company, so what's going on here is obviously some sort of
> mistake.  Have you tried calling them to clear this up?  My suggestion is
> that you call them, and have on hand all the details of your order (order
> number, date, items in order), the details of the credit card you used (bank
> name, name on card, card #, exp. date, security code), and a copy of the card
> statement that shows the charge.  Obviously if you have proof that the card
> was charged, they'll make good on it and send you the item.  I can't imagine
> they'd dispute it in the face of absolute proof.
>
> But if you're having trouble e-mailing them, you definitely want to call and
> talk to someone in customer support.
>
> Amy

> My friend has been leaving messages at their phone number for
> three days now. Their message is that they are having a high number of
> calls.
>
> 	Can't email them. No reply back to messages. No book.

On the script book website, there's an email form for feedback, which
goes right to the B5 scripts team...send them the specifics, and it'll
be taken care of promptly, as a number of others here can confirm.