[B5JMS] ATTN JMS: OT - What are your favorite current comics?

b5jms at mail.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu b5jms at mail.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu
Mon Dec 19 04:30:15 EST 2005

From: "Seeker Wearing Sneakers" <craig at sunflower.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 17:18:21 +0000 (UTC)

Hello Joe,

I was just wondering if you read any of the current comics being published,
and if so, what are your personal favorites?  I'm not talking about your own
work, of course, but if you are a fan of any other particular writer
currently working for Marvel or any other publisher.

Aside from your stuff on ASM, FF, and BoLS, I have really gotten into the
stuff that Robert Kirkman has been writing.  I'm also a big fan of Eric
Powell, too.  I think that the three of you guys are at the top right now.

Also, as much as I love the comics, it'll be nice to see your name on either
the small or large screen.  I hope your projects all work themselves out.

Happy holidays, and the very best of luck,
Craig

> I was just wondering if you read any of the current comics being published,
> and if so, what are your personal favorites?  I'm not talking about your own
> work, of course, but if you are a fan of any other particular writer
> currently working for Marvel or any other publisher.
>
> Aside from your stuff on ASM, FF, and BoLS, I have really gotten into the
> stuff that Robert Kirkman has been writing.  I'm also a big fan of Eric
> Powell, too.  I think that the three of you guys are at the top right now.
>
> Also, as much as I love the comics, it'll be nice to see your name on either
> the small or large screen.  I hope your projects all work themselves out.

I tend to think in terms of the writers I like, rather than the
books...so leaving aside the guys with whom I work and would thus be
naturally inclined (millar/bendis/loeb), I'd mention Greg Rucka, Paul
Chadwick (whose work I'd go anywhere to read), Stan Sakai, I love what
the Wachowskis are doing with Doc Frankenstein, and I have to be honest
and say that across the board, the guys at DC have upped their game, I
think they're telling better stories and more character-based stuff,
even though some of the big crossover stuff gets a little too intricate
for my tastes.  I love that Hal Jordan is back.  It feels to me as if
they're really going back to their roots, and that's commendable.