[B5JMS] JMS

b5jms at mail.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu b5jms at mail.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu
Tue Mar 24 04:33:49 EDT 2009

From: diyan55 <diannabutler at msn.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 18:07:08 -0700 (PDT)

I was surfing around and found this in the 'Civic Theatre of Greater
Lafayette blog:

SNOW WHITE
By J. Michael Straczynski
Directed by Missy Freels
Feb. 26-28

This humorous take on a classic tale includes a bumbling prince, a
very involved mirror and not just one, but three attempts on Snow
White's life. Add a lot of dwarfs and a happily-ever-after ending and
you have a great play for the ages.

I'm sure all of us would like to see or read that. Any chance of that
happening?

<c90c154e-3d90-4fae-9777-2220bd1b3928 at j18g2000prm.googlegroups.com>):

> I was surfing around and found this in the 'Civic Theatre of Greater
> Lafayette blog:
>
> SNOW WHITE
> By J. Michael Straczynski
> Directed by Missy Freels
> Feb. 26-28
>
> This humorous take on a classic tale includes a bumbling prince, a
> very involved mirror and not just one, but three attempts on Snow
> White's life. Add a lot of dwarfs and a happily-ever-after ending and
> you have a great play for the ages.
>
> I'm sure all of us would like to see or read that. Any chance of that
> happening? <<

Sure; you can buy it.  At least several of us already own it.  Some of us
even have it signed.  I can't remember the name of the publisher off the top
of my head, but Jan probably can. :-)

(And not to nitpick your subject line, but...wouldn't it be more informative
if it were something like "JMS's Snow White"?)

Amy
--
Ten Thousand Questions Blog:
A Question a Day for Journaling, Self-Discovery, and Transformation

>>> On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 21:07:08 -0400, thus spake diyan55 (in article
><c90c154e-3d90-4fae-9777-2220bd1b3928 at j18g2000prm.googlegroups.com>):
>
>> I was surfing around and found this in the 'Civic Theatre of Greater
>> Lafayette blog:
>>
>> SNOW WHITE
>> By J. Michael Straczynski
>> Directed by Missy Freels
>> Feb. 26-28
>>
>> This humorous take on a classic tale includes a bumbling prince, a
>> very involved mirror and not just one, but three attempts on Snow
>> White's life. Add a lot of dwarfs and a happily-ever-after ending and
>> you have a great play for the ages.
>>
>> I'm sure all of us would like to see or read that. Any chance of that
>> happening? <<
>
>Sure; you can buy it.  At least several of us already own it.  Some of us
>even have it signed.  I can't remember the name of the publisher off the top
>of my head, but Jan probably can. :-)

Baker's Plays:
http://www.bakersplays.com/store/product_info.php/products_id/1346?osCsid=011cecf0cf022b29595403950a168476

Sorry, JMS, but she asked... And I still have dibs on playing the part of the
Mirror if there's ever a performance by the RASTB5M Players. <g>

Jan

--
Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognize
this singular truth: that we are one; and this singular rule: that

> ><c90c154e-3d90-4fae-9777-2220bd1b3... at j18g2000prm.googlegroups.com>):
>
> >> I was surfing around and found this in the 'Civic Theatre of Greater
> >> Lafayette blog:
>
> >> SNOW WHITE
> >> By J. Michael Straczynski
> >> Directed by Missy Freels
> >> Feb. 26-28
>
> >> This humorous take on a classic tale includes a bumbling prince, a
> >> very involved mirror and not just one, but three attempts on Snow
> >> White's life. Add a lot of dwarfs and a happily-ever-after ending and
> >> you have a great play for the ages.
>
> >> I'm sure all of us would like to see or read that. Any chance of that
> >> happening? <<
>
> >Sure; you can buy it. =A0At least several of us already own it. =A0Some =
of us
> >even have it signed. =A0I can't remember the name of the publisher off t=
he top
> >of my head, but Jan probably can. :-)
>
> Baker's Plays: =A0http://www.bakersplays.com/store/product_info.php/produ=
cts_id/1346?os...

> Sorry, JMS, but she asked... And I still have dibs on playing the part of=
 the
> Mirror if there's ever a performance by the RASTB5M Players. <g>
>
> Jan
>
> --
> Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognize
> this singular truth: that we are one; and this singular rule: that
> we must be kind to one another.

Jan, Amy and Charlie,

Jan would make a lovely magic mirror. I look forward to the first
performance by the RASTB5M Players.

I would have loved to have seen the expression on JMS' face when you
asked him to sign a copy of his first published play. Assuming I ever
meet JMS, I seriously doubt I would have the courage to ask him to
sign the script, especially in light of who first announced its
existence and his reaction. <*SMILE*>

Dan Dassow

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 11:36:18 -0700 (PDT), Dan Dassow
<dan_dassow at yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Mar 22, 10:44=A0pm, Jan <janmschroe... at aol.com> wrote:
>> In article <0001HW.C5EC71B4088232D3F0182... at news.verizon.net>, Amy Gus=
kin
>> says...

>> ><c90c154e-3d90-4fae-9777-2220bd1b3... at j18g2000prm.googlegroups.com>):

>> >Sure; you can buy it. =A0At least several of us already own it. =A0So=
me of us
>> >even have it signed. =A0I can't remember the name of the publisher of=
f the top
>> >of my head, but Jan probably can. :-)
>>
>> Baker's Plays: =A0http://www.bakersplays.com/store/product_info.php/pr=
oducts_id/1346?os...

>> Sorry, JMS, but she asked... And I still have dibs on playing the part=
 of the
>> Mirror if there's ever a performance by the RASTB5M Players. <g>
>>
>> Jan
>>
>> --
>> Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognize
>> this singular truth: that we are one; and this singular rule: that
>> we must be kind to one another.
>
>Jan, Amy and Charlie,
>
>Jan would make a lovely magic mirror. I look forward to the first
>performance by the RASTB5M Players.
>
>I would have loved to have seen the expression on JMS' face when you
>asked him to sign a copy of his first published play. Assuming I ever
>meet JMS, I seriously doubt I would have the courage to ask him to
>sign the script, especially in light of who first announced its
>existence and his reaction. <*SMILE*>
>
>Dan Dassow

Ok, I will tell the story, again... 8-)

It was at SDCC year before last.  My wife and I had never been before,
and it was our first day.  We had just tried to get to talk to Ben
Browder in the Stargate signing, but found out you needed to have
gotten a ticket three hours before.  She (and I) were pretty bummed.
you see, her maiden name is Browder, and she was curious to find out
if they were related (She is, distantly, but didn't found out till
last year.  Another story... )

So, we made our first foray to the exhibit hall.  Didn't know what to
expect, and were still trying to get our bearings, when suddenly I see
the WB booth, and there are Joe and the cast of Lost Tales signing!
Huzzah!  I think Joe sees us at this time, as Pam is hard to miss.

We follow the line back, and it seems to end right around the corner.
We walk up to the line, only to find out that the line is closed.  The
signing is almost over.  Someone walks up, and hands us a lost tales
comic book (signed!) as I think Joe had seen us looking at the line.
we then give them the puppy dog eyes, pleading silently, and they let
us (and a few others who were standing across the aisle in the
'waiting' line) into the line.  I also held out what I wanted to get
signed!

As we go through the line (Joe is last) we get Bruce's and other's
signatures, and when we get to Doug Netter, I show him what I have for
Joe to sign.  He of course recognizes it, laughs, and waves me on.

When we get to Joe, I give him a choice - he can sign my copy of the
Script book for SiL, or he can sign Snow White.  After receiving the
Joe Glare of Death, he then reaches for Snow White.  After this, SDCC
was a lot more fun!

Charlie