No subject

DeAnna Miller dmille12 at ix.netcom.com
Mon Dec 11 22:36:45 EST 1995

-------------- next part --------------

Subj:  <Gethsemane questions> Section: Babylon 5: Upcoming
  To:  Tom Knudsen      Friday, December 08, 1995 8:28:14 PM
From:  J. Michael Straczynski       #413425

      {regarding JMS's celebrity status}

      Yeah, I don't really buy into the celebrity notion; what
I do is what I do, no  different than a teacher or an archi-
tect; both require varying levels of creativity.   Main thing
wrong with celebrity is that people start viewing you differ-
ently...and  Kosh help you if your own view of yourself starts
to reconcile too much with that  new perception.

       jms

Subj:  Rerun Schedule Worry   Section: Babylon 5: Upcoming
  To:  Kevin Kenney     Friday, December 08, 1995 8:35:19 PM
From:  J. Michael Straczynski       #413430

      I don't think I'll be able to change the schedule; my
guess is that they'll do a  full run of episodes in July,
which they did in our first year, but didn't do in our
second.

      jms

Subj:  JMS resigns rastb5     Section: Babylon 5: General
  To:  The Jawa/Jawa #2, Saturday, December 09, 1995 11:14:08
From:  J. Michael Straczynski       #414000

     We're making 22 episodes this year; interestingly enough,
because the  ratings have been doing quite well, there have
been some informal talks initiated  by some folks at PTEN
about us doing an additional 2 hours in the form of a  direct-
to-video movie, something to hold folks over between seasons.
So in that  sense we'd be doing 24 this season.  It's not
finalized, but we're very encouraged  that they're considering
trying this with us.  We won't have any final disposition on
this until well after Christmas, however.  The problem will be
in getting all the  pertinent WB divisions to work together on
this with us, and working with PTEN in  the sense that it
won't be aired initially until much later, which may be a
stumbling block...but we'll see.  Still, it's a great vote of
confidence.

  To:  SysOp Lee Whiteside  Sunday, December 10, 1995 5:02:23
From:  J. Michael Straczynski       #414104

      {regarding direct-to-video B5 movie}

      Yeah, it'd have to be kind of like the comics...it would
add something to the arc, be complementary to it (like the
"shadows past" miniseries was complementary to "Divided
Loyalties" and stuff yet to come), but more or less  able to
stand on its own.

      Like I said, though, it ain't final yet, still in the
talking stages....

  To:  Philip Hornsey   Sunday, December 10, 1995 7:38:07 PM
From:  J. Michael Straczynski       #414396

      {regarding story ideas for direct-to-video movie}

      I'd advise against suggesting story areas for this,
Philip.

  To:  Neil Blevins     Sunday, December 10, 1995 7:38:02 PM
From:  J. Michael Straczynski       #414394

      {regarding making videos of B5 episodes}

     Won't work.  Their logic (such as it is) is that if
people have already seen the  episode on TV, they won't want
to buy it...but a direct-to-video supplemental  episode, by
virtue of *not* having been aired, IS commercially viable.

     What can I say...?

     jms

Subj:  <PTG-Bravo!>           Section: Babylon 5: General
  To:  Felix Ling Saturday,   December 09, 1995 11:14:11 PM
From:  J. Michael Straczynski       #414001

      Thanks.  It's a hard thing to walk the line between not
being effective and  being heavy-handed...I think it worked
quite well in that respect.

      jms

Subj:  <PTG--more questions>  Section: Babylon 5: General