ATTN JMS: Centauri Emporers/Godhood

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Sun Aug 11 06:24:19 EDT 1996

Subject: ATTN JMS: Centauri Emporers/Godhood
+  1: Aug  9, 1996: cschumac at mail.tds.net (Chris Schumacher)
*  2: Aug 11, 1996: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

From: cschumac at mail.tds.net (Chris Schumacher)

Hey, Joe.

	While looking through the new selections in the Lurker's guide,
I was reminded of something. In Chrysalis Londo asks how many gods there
currently are (I believe he's only referring to the ones that were
Emporers) and Vir replies that there are fifty, then he corrects himself
and says technically fifty-one, but there was one that he never really
considered a god.
	Could you tell why some on Centauri don't consider this person
to be a god? I mean, if it doesn't give anything away.
Also, could you tell us what happened with the original Ambassador To
Minbar? The one that "Went local" as Londo recalls it?

Thanks for your time.
				-==Kensu==-

From: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

"While looking through the new selections in the Lurker's guide, I was
reminded of something. In Chrysalis Londo asks how many gods there
currently are (I believe he's only referring to the ones that were
Emporers) and Vir replies that there are fifty, then he corrects himself
and says technically fifty-one, but there was one that he never really
considered a god."

Ah, yes...that one wasn't an emperor, that was Zoog, which was really just
a household god, primarily associated with one noble family, that somewhat
imposed Zoog where possible, forced the religious establishment to
recognize the temple they'd built to Zoog...it was strictly an act of
vanity on their part, to create a god, and elevate a household god, which
never really carries much weight, to something greater, adding to the
general pantheon.

"Also, could you tell us what happened with the original Ambassador To
Minbar? The one that "Went local" as Londo recalls it?"

Went native.  Bought into the whole Minbari theological system, dropped
his Centauri citizenship, was last heard of in a distant retreat trying to
grow a bone.