GREEN MEDDLER'S JMS on CompuServe 1/2/96

DeAnna Miller dmille12 at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jan 2 21:48:02 EST 1996

Subj:  The Encounter (UK Con)    Section: Babylon 5: General
  To:  Ruth Ballam      Sunday, December 24, 1995 6:08:07 PM
From:  J. Michael Straczynski       #421134

     Well, suffice to say I'd love to see "A Close Shave."
But at the same time, I  have to be mindful of copyrights and
the like.  So, basically, I suppose I'm  screwed....

         jms

Subj:  G'kar/Cassandra        Section: Babylon 5: General
  To:  Chris Gardiner   Sunday, December 24, 1995 6:08:06 PM
From:  J. Michael Straczynski       #421133

      <Quoting Chris Gardiner to JMS>:

      >You're twisted.  <snip>    And I love you forever.

     Thank you.  That's m'job.

         jms

Subj:  B5Convention           Section: Babylon 5: General
  To:  John Bonavita    Sunday, December 24, 1995 6:14:15 PM
From:  J. Michael Straczynski       #421136

     Now that the fan club has been officially announced,
though the organizational  aspects are just now starting, we
may try and gear up to hold an official B5  convention in
about a year.  What we've talked about is the idea of having
it here  in LA, so we could have best chance of getting as
many cast members as  possible.  We'd also try and run it so
that it was as close as possible to a fan-run  convention in
the feeling it created; and as well as cast members and the
like,  there would be seminars and presentations by our people
in prosthetics,  wardrobe, makeup, art direction, props and
other areas, so it'd be a real learning  opportunity.

     But, again, that's at least a year down the road.

  To:  The Jawa / Jawa #2  Sunday, December 24, 1995 10:42:30
From:  J. Michael Straczynski       #421206

      <Quoting The Jawa / Jawa #2 to JMS>:

      >B5 is heading in Trek's direction: very low-key while
      >it's on the air, and  then comes it's fame.

     That's the key, I think; I have a suspicion that, like
the original ST, our main  attention will likely come after
we've finished our complete run. The show was  designed to be
seen in a stripped (once daily) fashion, that's when you
really can  see the arc moving quickly.  And on TNT, once it
hits that distributer, it'll finally  have what it has never
had before in this country: a national broadcaster and a
regular timeslot.  Once that happens, I expect that what
happened in the UK will  happen here finally...it'll be
Noticed.

  To:  Philip Hornsey   Wednesday, December 27, 1995 8:31:31
From:  J. Michael Straczynski       #422232

     Starting 1998, the show will appear in daily form on TNT;
it's already been  sold to there.

  To:  Philip Hornsey   Friday, December 29, 1995 9:16:09 PM
From:  J. Michael Straczynski       #423101

       "Nice to see you making money."

       Well, WB, anyway.  I get a net profit on the series,
which means after all the  costs have been taken out...which
in turn means that the show will never show a  profit (on
paper), so I ain't getting a dime of the TNT sale.