JMS on CompuServe (Nov 20, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Thu Nov 21 15:22:40 EST 1996

   ftp://ftp.speedlink.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
                    - or -
   http://www.speedlink.com/bbarrett/b5/
  ######       Support Babylon 5!       ######
  ##      To get a fifth season of this ##
   # ###    wonderful epic, we need to   # ###
     . ## let local stations and Warner    . ##
  ##   ##   Brothers know we want it!   ##   ##
   #####   www.babylon5.com/cmp/support  #####

    Sb: #613769-<Summoning:a criticism>
    Sb: #613932-JMS: season 4 = arc end?
    Sb: #613943-Shadow Tech
    Sb: #613944-Change to intro?
    Sb: #613974-Mr. Garibaldi's Days

 #: 613769 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    20-Nov-96  06:58:09
Sb: #<Summoning:a criticism>
Fm: DEBRA DWNSO

Well, I knew that one day I would have a criticism of the show.  No one is
going to please everyone perfectly.  I have one thing that is bothering me.

It is not that I feel that the Vorlon/Shadows conflict is actually trivial  or
too pat or unbelievable but it certainly doesn't feel very genuine.  I think
the problem is the speed at which we discovered what was going on (ie not over
3 years but in the past 3 shows).  I want SOMEONE (preferably Sheridan) to be
totally outraged at the cause.  Instead they just calmly say, oh, they have
been wiping us out and playing with us because they don't agree what the best
method it.  Ho hum.   I want them to be FURIOUS that the egotism of the two
races have resulted in millions upon millions of deaths.  I want someone to be
as outraged at the stupidity as I am.  I want someone to say "HOW DARE THEY"
and go out to kick some butt because they are mad not just trying to survive.
That is the element that is making this a bit dulled.

And can someone slap Ivanova silly for me?  Poor Marcus!  I hope somewhere in
the future, btw, to see him tell her what she really said.  <G>

And I also want to send a small smack to Delennn for saying that "all" those
she loved were gone.  Hello?  Lenier is not gone and surely to goodness he
counts for something?  Heck, even the L.I. S. Robot thought more of him than
Delennn sometimes. <G>

And I guess we can continue to call this whole thread "whatever happened to
Garabaldi" for a while!  :- )    I want to see the new Kosh treated in the same
manner that G'Kar is.  I would like to mount HIS head.  Burrrrr. ( Wait, didn't
I say it was a bit dulled?  Maybe I had better revise that to that one little
element is a bit dulled.)  I am saddened that G'Kar had to be dishonored before
getting to kill the nut case.  I wanted Londo to grab the whip and use the 40th
stroke on his royal boobyhatchery.

Hey, new computer game: mount the baddies heads?

 #: 614019 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    20-Nov-96  18:24:40
Sb: #613769-<Summoning:a criticism>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       You're right...someone should get outraged...and will.  It's simply a
matter of picking the right time and place to *do* something with it.

                                                                       jms

   told to wrap it up this season is mentioned. ]

 #: 614024 S5/Babylon 5: General
    20-Nov-96  18:49:45
Sb: #613932-JMS: season 4 = arc end?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Once again...nothing is known.  Some folks at WB when we got renewed
said there'd be five, some said four; some of the cast heard four, and repeated
four...the interviews you're seeing now were actually done a long time ago,
given lead times.

       If you're confused, it's because there IS no answer at this time.  As I
said last year at this time, and the year before at this time, and the year
before that...nothing is ever known at this point until around February or a
bit later.  They've initiated some discussions about the fifth year, as the
ratings have continued to improve, but nothing is set either way.

       If I knew, for certain, I would tell you.  But I can't tell you until WB
makes its final decision.  That hasn't happened yet.

    20-Nov-96  16:28:27
Sb: #613398-#Shadow Tech
Fm: BOB KOSLOSKY

JMS,

Knowing your tremendous, if not overwhelming msg traffic, I'm going to try this
question one more time, at the risk of being a pest  (I guess since I can't ask
it right after two tries that I shouldn't give up my day job to become a
writer).  I liken the tech differences you've portrayed between the Shadows and
everyone else, sans the Vorlons, as such:  A dozen or so U.S.S. Constitution
frigates try to fight a New Jersey battleship.  No contest.  Even if the New
Jersey is telepathically  "jammed".  The crux of my question is how Sheridan's
ships, seemingly thousands of years behind the Shadows technologically, are
even able to "dent" the Shadow ships??

Respectfully,

Bob

 #: 614025 S5/Babylon 5: General
    20-Nov-96  18:49:46
Sb: #613943-Shadow Tech
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Bear in mind that the White Stars are partially based on Vorlon
technology, which is similar in strength to the Shadows.  That helps a lot.
Also, other ships can have an influence in sufficient numbers.  Even a lion can
be brought down by a sufficient number of hyenas.  The idea that higher
technology always equals victory didn't help Custer.

                                                                       jms

   changed from ". . . year of love" to ". . . year of joy." ]

 #: 614026 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    20-Nov-96  18:49:48
Sb: #613944-Change to intro?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       There was no change.  The line is the same as it always was.

    20-Nov-96  16:45:33
Sb: #613249-#Mr. Garibaldi's Days
Fm: ROWAN KAISER

>>   I'm considering revoicing it...we just didn't catch it until it was
gone.<<

I think it would be best explained as 14 days since Sheridan left, and 9 since
the events on ZHD.

Earthstar
A stroke of the brush . . . is irrelevant.
Babbler, KP, SP, Montie, SPAMM, etc.

 #: 614027 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    20-Nov-96  18:49:50
Sb: #613974-Mr. Garibaldi's Days
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Yeah, that's the intent, and you can explain it like that, but I'd
rather just eliminate the *need* for explanation.