JMS on CompuServe (Nov 21, 1996)

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Fri Nov 22 00:48:50 EST 1996

   ftp://ftp.speedlink.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
                    - or -
   http://www.speedlink.com/bbarrett/b5/
  ######       Support Babylon 5!       ######
  ##      To get a fifth season of this ##
   # ###    wonderful epic, we need to   # ###
     . ## let local stations and Warner    . ##
  ##   ##   Brothers know we want it!   ##   ##
   #####   www.babylon5.com/cmp/support  #####

    Sb: #614079-<Summoning>
    Sb: #614086->>The Summoning<<
    Sb: #614104-Shadow Tech
    Sb: #614123-4 or 5?  Be HONEST, jms
    Sb: #614209-<<The Summoning>>
    Sb: #614282-Foundation Question

 #: 614079 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    20-Nov-96  21:25:44
Sb: #<Summoning>
Fm: DEGAN OUTRIDGE

Hi, Joe.

 Just watched The Summoning.  A half hour later, my nerves are still on edge,
and I am *convinced* the episode was no more than five minutes long.

 ...and I even read the spoilers on this one.....

 Thanks.

  -Degan Outridge

 #: 614290 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    21-Nov-96  12:41:24
Sb: #614079-<Summoning>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Thanks...it ain't bad....

    20-Nov-96  21:55:37
Sb: #>>The Summoning<<
Fm: TONI MULLER

Hello and congratulations on yet another fantastic episode.

I am the lady who sent you the picture of the rat at the computer monitor.  Our
three ratties usually watch B5 with us from the confines of their cage.  They
usually love the show, but this time were disturbed when they saw "ratcatcher"
flash across the screen.  Since the story is so good, they have decided to
forgive you.  <g>

Toni Muller

 #: 614291 S5/Babylon 5: General
    21-Nov-96  12:41:25
Sb: #614086->>The Summoning<<
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Oh dear, did I say ratcatcher?  I meant to say catcatcher.  Tell them it
was nothing personal.

                                                                       jms

 #: 614292 S5/Babylon 5: General
    21-Nov-96  12:41:26
Sb: #614104-Shadow Tech
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       There's one more thing you haven't seen, yes....

                                                                       jms

   years so they fit both the Arc and the 800 years of written history pre
   1990-96," or " . . . giving the next 1000 years enough flesh and detail
   to feel real?" ]

 #: 614293 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    21-Nov-96  12:41:26
Sb: #614123-4 or 5?  Be HONEST, jms
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Yes.

                                                                       jms

   the count of thirty nine lashes came from "Jesus Christ: Superstar." ]

 #: 614294 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    21-Nov-96  12:41:29
Sb: #614209-<<The Summoning>>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Thanks...though, of course, the book on which JC superstar is based
ptedates it just a tad...anyway, it's a great scene.

    21-Nov-96  11:48:39
Sb: #Foundation Question
Fm: KEVIN P. KENNEY

I remember you saying everyone involved with the show had had five year
deals/contracts/options, and that will keep the series at a maximum of 5 years,
since renegotiations with all involved would drive up the show's cost to an
unproducable level.

Wasn't Foundation part of this setup?  Or did they loophole it due to duress
around the time of the layoffs?

And if the Turner movies happen (Stephen said they would at the Pasadena con)
are they outside or inside these deals?  (I sorta hope outside, since everyone
involved deserves the extra bucks.  I also hope Turner, in getting these
movies, may also slip you the relatively minor amount needed to re-edit/rescore
the pilot.)

Thanks for being there,
KpK

 #: 614295 S5/Babylon 5: General
    21-Nov-96  12:41:31
Sb: #614282-Foundation Question
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       The Turner deals are currently in discussion; and there are options
exercised at the discretion of the producers, not contracts per se.