JMS on CompuServe (Nov 25, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Mon Nov 25 18:01:30 EST 1996

   ftp://ftp.speedlink.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
                    - or -
   http://www.speedlink.com/bbarrett/b5/
  ######       Support Babylon 5!       ######
  ##      To get a fifth season of this ##
   # ###    wonderful epic, we need to   # ###
     . ## let local stations and Warner    . ##
  ##   ##   Brothers know we want it!   ##   ##
   #####   www.babylon5.com/cmp/support  #####

    Sb: #615729-Audio Note from jms
    Sb: #615686-<<Falling...>>
    Sb: #615919-<Falling Toward Life>
    Sb: #615820-jms co on station.com
    Sb: #616086-<The Summoning>

 #: 615729 S5/Babylon 5: General
    24-Nov-96  08:56:30
Sb: #615391-#Audio Note from jms
Fm: SYSOP LEE WHITESIDE

Which seven minutes?

 #: 615943 S5/Babylon 5: General
    24-Nov-96  15:52:24
Sb: #615729-Audio Note from jms
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      From Lyta's entrance to Kosh's place, to Lorien's hand.

    24-Nov-96  07:43:32
Sb: #<<Falling...>>
Fm: DAVID CERRETA

WHAM!!!

That was a hell of a ride!!  Many of the questions asked last week answered so
quickly this week.  And the ones that remain will be food for speculation over
the ensuing two to three months as we wait for more new episodes.

It was wonderful to see the counterpoint of the episode's title as mirrored
through the Sheridan/Centauri/Kosh threads.  Cartagia plans the destruction of
Centauri Prime as a funeral pyre to his impending godhood while Sheridan feels
uncomfortable at his anointment as de facto god for returning from Z'Ha'Dum.
And the Vorlons continue to fall FROM apotheosis as Kosh II is dealt with.

I know that others will read this and want to know what happened, but I refuse
to spoil the special moment that you hinted at in some of your posts. Let's
just say the seven minutes you helped tweak the soundtrack on last Wednesday
night were well worth it.  Surround Sound shook the house.<G> The final scene
was...incredible!!!  And everybody finally gets their wish, don't they?  We
finally see...

And even more fun was the seeing the beginning of the threads that don't end
until some 17 years later.  Londo owes Sheridan a favor.  And then there is
G'Kar.  So many questions answered, some new, some old.  Thank you.

As for this last run of nine episodes, only one seems to seem weak in
comparison to the others, that being "Grey 17".  Too bad the Zarg story didn't
work out as well as you planned.  And as hard as it is to choose a favorite
from so many excellent episodes, my favorites would have to be "What ever
Happened to Mr. Garibaldi" and this latest episode.

Favorite moments: Sheridan and Delenn at the end of the ep.  Now their
relationship is especially bittersweet.  Now we know why she told Sheridan not
to go to Z'Ha'Dum in War Without End.  Garibaldi being especially cranky.  Tell
Jerry that it was great to have him back on screen.  He's fun to watch.  His
humor during his medical exam was great.  He gets to speak a universal truth.
NOBODY likes that part of the exam. Also his relationship with Zach seems
deeper and more integral. His comment in C&C about not knowing whether he
wanted to win or lose was perfect and hinted at the storylines to follow.
Ivanova's comment was priceless.

I liked the intrigue, the hiding of plans from both Garibaldi and we, the
viewers.  What is going to happen in the next two weeks?  How can amassing the
largest fleet in history stop the Vorlons with their planet killer?  How is B5
maintaining operations since we have to assume that most trade is interrupted
during the war?  And, most importantly, who made the salad?

We wait until February.  Until then, thanks for a great conclusion to season 3
and a spectacular opening to season 4.

Best, Dave

"The finches have finally returned...with a vengeance"

 #: 615944 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    24-Nov-96  15:52:26
Sb: #615686-<<Falling...>>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks...it was an exhausting and difficult episode...but well worth the
work, I think.

    24-Nov-96  15:17:02
Sb: #<Falling Toward Life>
Fm: BRENT BARRETT

Okay, Joe;

I have a message for you from, at last count, 196 nutcase John and Delenn
romantics (some of whom actually made trips to their local sporting goods
stores in preparation for this episode):

                          You can live.

For now.  :-)

  -- Brent

 #: 615945 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    24-Nov-96  15:52:28
Sb: #615919-<Falling Toward Life>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Well, I'm relieved...though someone will have to point out to them, at
some point...that what goes up, must come down....

                                                                    jms

   get is a blank screen.. what is wrong with that thing?" ]

 #: 616042 S5/Babylon 5: General
    24-Nov-96  18:19:20
Sb: #615820-jms co on station.com
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Nothing's wrong with the site...but it takes Netscape 2.0 minimum to get
it.

    24-Nov-96  19:32:03
Sb: #614557-#<The Summoning>
Fm: ELIZABETH

<<First Impression: An excellent episode. A big step down from last week, but
still very impressive.>>

See, I have trouble with this.   I thought HoTW was incredible, WHtMG? even
better, and I think The Summoning was the best of the lot.  But perhaps it's
because it really hit my emotions and made me cry (which is sometimes difficult
to do).  Heck, I nearly had a choking fit when Sheridan came back.  Don't get
me wrong, I knew it all along (Miss Spoiler Junkie right here, and even w/o
being spoiled, I would've known) but  *geez*.  So I'm sitting here, seeing this
episode as totally incredible, and a significant number of posts I've been
seeing are saying stuff like the above:  it's a big step down from last week.
Oh, well....

On another subject:
<<Consider Sheridan's speech again. We maybe seeing a direction here. BTW
Sheridan's line: "I was, but I'm better now." Sounds like it came out of the
mouth who of they wanted to cast in the first place. ie: Bruce Campbell.
Sounded a little strange to my ears. Ok, but a little strange.>>

Huh?  I don't get this... Explain, please?

Liz

 #: 616175 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    24-Nov-96  22:16:14
Sb: #616086-<The Summoning>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Remember that often people will express an opinion as though it were the
fact.  What we like, and what resonates with us, is subjective.  What you like,
you like, and there's no need to defend it or feel pressured about it.