JMS on CompuServe (Nov 27, 1996) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Brent Barrett bbarrett at speedlink.com
Wed Nov 27 18:03:43 EST 1996

   ftp://ftp.speedlink.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/
                    - or -
   http://www.speedlink.com/bbarrett/b5/
  ######       Support Babylon 5!       ######
  ##      To get a fifth season of this ##
   # ###    wonderful epic, we need to   # ###
     . ## let local stations and Warner    . ##
  ##   ##   Brothers know we want it!   ##   ##
   #####   www.babylon5.com/cmp/support  #####

    Sb: #616802-#Apologies on CO
    Sb: #616827-Happy families
    Sb: #616949-Zha'ha'dum
    Sb: #617015-#Define Apotheosis, pls !
    Sb: #617126-<HotW - quick question>
    Sb: #617146-#Missing Joshua?
    Sb: #617123-<TS -  Overlooked stuff>

 #: 616802 S5/Babylon 5: General
    26-Nov-96  02:31:14
Sb: #616738-#Apologies on CO
Fm: SANDRA G. BRUCKNER

JMS,
A few of us were on the system early yesterday and wondered how it would react
when B5 folks showed up enmass.  I guess your note tells it all.

We found the system to be very slow and this was around 1:00 DC time.  The
Internet slows tremendously in the evening with all the access anyway, so we
were concerned about the onslaught of B5 traffic.  Next time!

Sandy

 #: 617170 S5/Babylon 5: General
    26-Nov-96  18:12:27
Sb: #616802-#Apologies on CO
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Actually, turns out 6,000 total showed up...enough to crash any server
on the planet short of Skynet.

                                                                       jms

   all of the series in order and then continue with the new season four
   episodes when they're done with the previous three. ]

 #: 617171 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    26-Nov-96  18:12:27
Sb: #616827-Happy families
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       I believe C4 is *currently* showing the previous seasons, starting with
one.

    26-Nov-96  10:08:28
Sb: #Zha'ha'dum
Fm: BOB KOSLOSKY

JMS,

In the Lurker's Guide "Unanswered Questions" section regarding this ep, a
question was asked that I haven't seen an answer to:  The Shadows, for security
reasons, have been building their cities underground.  Yet they've also built a
nice, large, convienient sky roof exposed to the surface, which the White Star
exploited.  Can you elaborate on this seeming anamoly?

Respectfully,

Bob

 #: 617172 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    26-Nov-96  18:12:28
Sb: #616949-Zha'ha'dum
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       It's an efficient way of lighting an underground city several miles
across; you can open or close it to allow the big vessels in for construction
purposes, and so on.  If you build something that big, you need some way of
getting stuff IN there, then lighting it without consuming vast amounts of
energy.

                                                                       jms

   and story of "Falling Toward Apotheosis" and to which character(s) it
   applies. ]

 #: 617173 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    26-Nov-96  18:12:29
Sb: #617015-#Define Apotheosis, pls !
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Interpretation is everything...I prefer to leave it that way.

    26-Nov-96  16:54:41
Sb: #<HotW - quick question>
Fm: ROWAN KAISER

I just remembered something from that ep.  In it, Morden tells Londo that the
Shadows "planted their ships like seeds" all across the galaxy.  Is this a
literal statement, or is it figurative?

Earthstar
I have always been irrelevant. (waitaminute . . .)
Babbler, KP, SP, Montie, SPAMM, etc.

 #: 617174 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    26-Nov-96  18:12:31
Sb: #617126-<HotW - quick question>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Well, they don't grow underground, no.

    26-Nov-96  17:24:08
Sb: #Missing Joshua?
Fm: BRENT BARRETT

Joe,

  I've noticed in the first few episodes of season four that we've had a few
shots in C&C, but no matter how hard I look, I can't seem to find Corwin.  One
scene in particular in "The Summoning" seemed to be his type of role, but he
still wasn't there.

  Is something up with Joshua Cox?  Other obligations?  It's a shame, as I
*really* like his character (and secretly hope Corwin and Ivanova get together
:-).

Thanks,

  -- Brent

 #: 617175 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    26-Nov-96  18:12:34
Sb: #617146-#Missing Joshua?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Just haven't had enough for him to do to merit bringing him in.

    26-Nov-96  16:54:34
Sb: #<TS -  Overlooked stuff>
Fm: ROWAN KAISER

I haven't noticed any discussion on these three important facts about the
Summoning, of course, considering all that happened, no biggie.

1.  Lyta saying that the Vorlons enhanced her telepathic abilities, whereas in
Walkabout, she is concerned about only being a P-5 and facing the Shadows.  She
was a P-5 in the pilot.  Continuity gaff?  Highly doubtful.

2.  Lorien had a ship.  A birdie ship (hey, we've got fish, spiders, squids,
and wigs)  This implies that he could have left ZHD before Sheridan got there.
Was he waiting for Sheridan?

3.  Lyta refers to Kosh1 as the "real Kosh", thus implying that the new one is
some kind of an imposotor or something.  Strange.

 #: 617176 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    26-Nov-96  18:18:27
Sb: #617123-<TS -  Overlooked stuff>
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       Actually, Lyta never said she was a P5 in Walkabout; it was Delenn who
said that.