Aargh! Screwed by WB!

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Wed Dec 24 06:12:16 EST 1997

From: au141 at chebucto.ns.ca (Andrew D. Wright)
Date: 22 Dec 1997 19:54:16 -0700

	I am so steamed.

	After four years of subscribing to Pay TV so I could have the
right to pay extra for the WSBK Boston superstation (here you must get the
movie channels before you can get a superstation) so I could see B5. After
four years of staying up late to watch episodes that shifted airtime like
a drunken passenger pigeon, I'm now SOL for Season 5.

	Warner Bros couldn't sell it to a nationally available station.
N-o-o-o-o-o, that would have been too easy. They had to sell it to
individual stations in the major markets. Well, that's peachy keen for the
Center of the Universe (Toronto and Montreal), but here in Halifax it
means I'm SOL. You just gotta love that big business thinking that
says the hell with the little guy, the profit margins are too small.
Someone should slap those bozos. And Space was no help either. Supposedly
Space has got the movies Thirdspace and In The Beginning, but no S5. I
don't know when they were thinking of updating their web site to tell
people that they didn't pick the show up, but it hasn't happened yet.

	So, I'm left with two choices. Unsubscribe this group so that
years down the road when some station I can get eventually shows the
episodes I'll be able to see them without knowing what happens or try to
find someone in Halifax willing to split on getting tapes from someone in
a place where it airs. Aaarrgh!

	Thank you Warner Bros. Merry Christmas, shmucks.

					Andrew (whose computer is now
                                                steam powered)

              "The future is already here - it's just not very
                  well distributed yet." - William Gibson
                                     <*>
	               Visit my Eclectic Resources at:
		http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~au141/Profile.html