Into the Fire ( *Spoilers* )

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Wed Feb 5 06:30:11 EST 1997

Subject: Into the Fire ( *Spoilers* )
s  1: Jan 31, 1997: atropos at ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Neely Stewart)
+  6: Feb  5, 1997: weave at hopi.dtcc.edu (Ken Weaverling)
*  7: Feb  5, 1997: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

From: atropos at ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Neely Stewart)

Spoilers for Into the Fire

In article <19970129064001.BAA21349 at ladder01.news.aol.com>, jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5) says:
>That's what you get for reading spoilers instead of watching the episode,
>especially summaries which a) sometimes don't present the whole picture,
>and b) which I've lately been able to get my hands on and, even though the
>main story has to go out, I'm able to...edit out...little but important
>details, JUST TO PISS OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO READ THE DAMNED THINGS!

My dear JMS, let me explain something: I always watch the episode.
Sometimes thrice.  And I've got a good number on tape.  And will even
consider getting cable to get cleaner recordings since VHS tapes are
too much to hope for.

I consider the (dread) "spoilers" as something of a teaser.  Those
written summaries cannot and will never replace such performances
as (drat! forgot their real names) G'Kar and Londo -- and lately,
Cartagia.  I find the art of the episode not so much as discovering
what happens, but in its execution. I realize that the summaries are
not up to par and I even said I'd reserve the better part of my
judgement until I see the actual ep in my post.  I was hoping to generate
some kind of plot discussion on the ending of the mother of all battles
between near-godlike races and the turning of the focus to the much smaller
playing field of Earth and the Colonies.  (Guess I failed that one, eh?
My husband tells me I'm like Sheridan -- rushing into something without
thinking -- like Sheridan... What would he know? ;)

>Finally, FINALLY, I have my vengeance over the spoiler junkies....ha HA
>ha-ha-HA ha HAAAA....

What have the spoiler junkies done to you? (just curious on that one)

>I need a vacation....

Star Wars:A New Hope should be showing at a theatre near you tomorrow --
hey, maybe you can get some ideas for "Babylon 5: The Gathering Special
Edition!"

Regards,
Neely (URSJ)

From: weave at hopi.dtcc.edu (Ken Weaverling)

Spoilers for Into the Fire

Into the Fire Spoiler Alert....
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25

End of Into the Fire Spoiler Alert.

JMS: After the Nukes went off, Lyta remarked "They're pissed."

I hope you realise the laughs this will get when this is shown in the UK!
Of course, pissed in the UK  means that they had a few too many pints.

I had visions of the Vorlons and the Shadows racing towards each other,
like the Scots and Irish in Braveheart. As they meet in the middle, they
embrace, dance, and laugh about old times.  Then they notice the younger
races' ships everywhere, pause, look at each other, and remark; "Oh
bugger, who invited THEM?"  Then they casually squash them all out of
existence, turn their backs, and walk among the stars. Fade to black!

--
Ken Weaverling,  Delaware Tech     (WHOIS: KJW)  *
   finger weave at ssnet.com for my PGP key.        *     weave at hopi.dtcc.edu
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/weave/  ******************************
 "Someone let the dogs out, they'll show you where the truth is" (Soundgarden)

From: jmsatb5 at aol.com (Jms at B5)

Over?  As Londo said..."Oh, I haven't even *started* with you yet."

Was the story of Earth over after WW2?