JMS on CompuServe (Jul 05, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Sat Jul 5 23:47:48 EDT 1997

   ftp://ftp.johndelenn.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/

    Sb: #682892-Last 4 - have to redo?
    Sb: #682871-#General

   including the stories of G'kar and the Narn, and Delenn and the Minbari. ]

 #: 682950 S5/Babylon 5: General
    03-Jul-97  13:36:54
Sb: #682892-Last 4 - have to redo?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks...there's an awful lot in those characters and situations.  I've
tried, as best I can, to create a living, breathing universe, with stories you
follow in any direction and find something interesting.

    03-Jul-97  05:09:09
Sb: #General
Fm: ROSEANN M. CAPUTO

Joe,

Been reading some of the current postings and had to say I'm thrilled that
you're speaking to Neil Gaiman about writing for B5!  Sandman is one of my
favorite comics and I really enjoy his writing.  The return of Peter David is
also much anticipated.  I can only imagine what Harlan will come up with, but
it will be good.  Congratulations on Season 5!  I've been spreading the word
and I've got a few folks who are going to become converts as of January.  They
tried to pick up the show in the middle, but felt they were missing something.
They liked what they saw, though, so they said they are definitely going to
check it out in January.

I wanted to share some of my thoughts on the arc of B5.  When the Shadow war
ended, I was like many who may have been surprised by this.  Why?  Because I
EXPECTED it to last through the whole arc.  That doesn't mean it was supposed
to! <g>  I was caught off guard.  I was slightly curious as to how the rest of
the arc would go, but I was also aware that the arc had not yet dealt with all
that was happening on earth.  Did I have some doubts?  Sure, I'm human.  But, I
learned something over the years.  When you set out to question the work of the
Master of a craft, do so carefully.  They are Masters for a reason.  Yes, I
view you as a Master of your craft.  Instead of saying anything, I kicked back
and watched.  Ya know, I have yet to be disappointed.  So, all my doubts went
south.  I know that season 5 won't be filler, because that's not what a Master
of his craft does.  You wouldn't tolerate it from anyone else, so you surely
will not do it yourself.  I'm going to strap myself into this rollercoaster and
hang on for the ride. <g>

Thanks, Joe.  You definitley give Science Fiction a really good name.

You don't drink, do drugs, etc?  Wow, talk about the clean cut, all american
boy! <g>  No vices, eh?

Have a good one....

Roseann

 #: 682951 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    03-Jul-97  13:36:56
Sb: #682871-#General
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

"I know that season 5 won't be filler, because that's not what a Master of his
craft does.  You wouldn't tolerate it from anyone else, so you surely will not
do it yourself."

      Bingo.  Sometimes when I try to describe what's happening on my side of
things, I don't find the right words.  Thanks for doing so.

"You don't drink, do drugs, etc?"

      Also don't smoke or gamble.

"Wow, talk about the clean cut, all american boy! <g>  No vices, eh?"

      Two: Chocolate and coffee.