JMS on CompuServe (May 30, 1997) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at speedlink.com bbarrett at speedlink.com
Fri May 30 15:39:22 EDT 1997

   ftp://ftp.johndelenn.com/pub/bbarrett/cis/

    Sb: #672665-S5-not renewal ?
    Sb: #672631-How will this play out
    Sb: #672667-Length of TV movies?
    Sb: #672629-Moments--Question
    Sb: #672566-News on Pilot/2ndy Chars
    Sb: #672979-Shows

 #: 672665 S5/Babylon 5: General
    28-May-97  16:49:48
Sb: #668785-#S5-not renewal ?
Fm: SCOTT BAKER

Ok, lemme see if I got this....

Season 4 ends.  Season 5 picks up right where we left off in 2262.

Babylon Project:Crusade takes place after season 5.

19 years in the future, after the flash forward in WWEII is when "Sleeping in
Light" takes place.

Did I get that right?

--Scott

 #: 672707 S5/Babylon 5: General
    28-May-97  20:17:24
Sb: #672665-S5-not renewal ?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Correct; specifically, "Crusade" would take place about 3 years after the
events of season 5, in 2265.

    28-May-97  14:34:04
Sb: #670806-#How will this play out
Fm: MARTIN TOGGWEILER

If 4/522 is set in 2281, what time span will "B5:Crusade" take place in?  2262+
or 2281+ ?

Cheers,

Martin

 #: 672708 S5/Babylon 5: General
    28-May-97  20:17:29
Sb: #672631-How will this play out
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      2265-2270.

    28-May-97  17:06:31
Sb: #Length of TV movies?
Fm: RAE AUGENSTEIN

Hi Joe,

Hope the filming on the two tv movies is coming along nicely. I'm greatly
anticipating them. :-)

I have a question about them, since I don't currently get TNT and don't know
how they usually air their original movies: will "Thirdspace" and "In the
Beginning" be honest-to-Kosh two hour movies, or will there be commercials. If
so, what will be the films' length?

Thanks!

        Rae ^^^^

 #: 672709 S5/Babylon 5: General
    28-May-97  20:17:35
Sb: #672667-Length of TV movies?
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      TNT is a commercial cable network, so there will be commercials.  As I
recall, the running time to which I wrote the scripts was 94 minutes 10
seconds.

    28-May-97  14:34:02
Sb: #672014-#Moments--Question
Fm: MARTIN TOGGWEILER

   Why couldn't Lyta's lie-detecting abilities be used to oversee the
negotiations between the station command and the smugglers who are bringing in
suppiles? Also, it seems to me that the humans doing business aboard B5 without
corporate Earth connections, would prefer a reliable non-Psicorp telepath, to
hiring a Corp telepath, given that the Corp doesn't have a positive image in
the public's mind, especially on Bab 5.  Also given the long lingering mistrust
between the races in the League of Non-Aligned Worlds, it seems to me that they
could well use a "lie-detector" to oversee their bilateral negotiations.  Why
should they care that Lyta doesn't have the stamp of approval of an Earth
organization that was in cahoots with the Shadows?  Yes she worked for the less
than popular Vorlons, but she has proved her loyalty and reliability time and
time again.  Or are there plentiful telepaths of their own races available for
hire on B5?

The Starfire Wheel, a great device to end the Minbari civil war, though I will
miss Neroon.
Could Neroon have walked out after saving Delenn?  Was there something about
the Wheel that prevented the last person from exiting?  If not, why did Neroon
feel that HE must die after having the revelation that his heart is religious?
Guilt over not seeing the "truth" sooner?

It's interesting to note, his first revelation saves Marcus' life, his second
saves Delenn's. His second got MORE painful rather than LESS, he didn't heed
Marcus' adivice, alas.

Cheers,

Martin

 #: 672710 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    28-May-97  20:17:36
Sb: #672629-Moments--Question
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Because telepaths only function in very limited ways due to privacy laws.
You couldn't just use them broad-based as lie detectors in the way you suggest,
because it first requires getting the *permission* of those involved, and you
can be reasonably sure that smugglers aren't going to want people poking around
in their heads; second, there was a large group there, and a midrange teep can
usually handle only one or at most two people with any degree of accuracy; it
goes down dramatically after that.

      I specifically set up rules for telepaths to avoid letting them become
the deus ex machina, the easy solution to any problem.

    28-May-97  11:50:49
Sb: #News on Pilot/2ndy Chars
Fm: KEVIN P. KENNEY

Should we expect the final word on re-editing the pilot to occur with the
renewal decision notice, or is there news on that front? (Or any news about
anything, for that matter...)

Refa, Morden, Neroon:  Have you always been this hard on secondary characters,
or is this a side effect of B5's epic structure?  (Sidebar: After hearing
422/522 occurs after War Without End, I worry that the series' ending may have
too much in common with Blake's 7...)

Thanks for being there,
KpK

 #: 672711 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    28-May-97  20:17:37
Sb: #672566-News on Pilot/2ndy Chars
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      No new on the recut yet...and yeah, it's a hard show on the recurring and
secondary character.

      Ain't been much of a picnic for the big guys, either.

    30-May-97  04:00:12
Sb: #Shows
Fm: ROSEANN M. CAPUTO

<LOL>!!!!!!  Oh, Joe, if you only knew.  My boyfriend absolutely loves Guiness
Beer.  My white cat, absolutely loves alchohol.  He's 13 years old (the cat,
not the boyfriend) and I have concerns about health and such, but it's so funny
to watch.  Glenn will sit and as he's tipping the beer, the cat gets on his lap
and tries to get in on the action.  Also, understand that this is a 16 pound
cat.  We usually give him a sip and let him lick the bottle and I get the
impression that he would crawl into the bottle if he could.  It is the funniest
thing.  My black cat could care less about any of it.  He's a catnip type of
cat.  So, I guess one is a lush and the other is a head.  Well after 13 years
of association, I guess we know what happend to me.....

Have a great one......

Roseann

PS:  Do you have a hamock in your office?

 #: 673057 S6/Babylon 5: Spoilers
    30-May-97  11:45:48
Sb: #672979-Shows
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

       I find it scary that somehow I must have known this...