ATTN JMS: Best Books International/B5 scripts?

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Sun Nov 16 06:27:46 EST 1997

From: ATKokmen at aol.com
Date: 12 Nov 1997 22:44:52 -0500

Dear rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated moderator:

Having been twice unable to get this post through via conventional means, I
am e-mailing it to you direct.

Hope this method proves more successful!
___________________________

ATTN JMS: Best Books International/B5 scripts?

While attending the Frankfurt Book Fair, I ran into a publisher
that was promoting the fact that they'll soon be offering
Babylon 5 scripts for sale.

Evidently, this is a new development since none of
their literature including information on B5, but
for what it's worth, the name of the company is
Hollywood Scripts, and imprint of Best Books
International and distributed by Players Press of
Studio City, California.

I'd never heard of this book publisher/distributor
before passing their stand at Frankfurt.  Are you
aware of them?  Is their offer of B5 scripts for sale
strictly legitimate? Were B5 fans to buy scripts
from them, should they be reasonably confident that
the appropriate writers/proprietors are getting their
due?  Or is this more akin to the guys who peddle
screenplays on the streets of Manhattan?

Hope you can shed some light on these folk.

ATKokmen at aol.com
"No great thing is created suddenly, any more than a bunch of grapes
or a fig.  If you tell me that you desire a fig, I answer you that there
must be time. Let it first blossom, then bear fruit, then ripen."
      ---Epictetus, Discourses