JMS on CompuServe (Aug 30, 1998) *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

bbarrett at johndelenn.com bbarrett at johndelenn.com
Sun Aug 30 16:51:11 EDT 1998

    Sb: #43177-#jms out of worldcon
    Sb: #43475-Real-life B5 technology
    Sb: #43477-#looking for quote
    Sb: #44242-#Music and Magic
    Sb: #44752-Music and Magic
    Sb: #44661-Creating characters
    Sb: #44669-THE OFFICIAL UK FAN CLUB

 #: 43177 S2/Bab 5: General
    13-Aug-98  21:35:07
Sb: #43138-jms out of worldcon
Fm: SYSOP DUPA T. PARROT

BTW, Joe, did anyone save a Bucconeer doubloon for you?

If not, I'll send ya one.

 -SysOp Dupa T. Parrot, Technical Consultant
 http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/dupa
 OzWin 2.20 O-

 #: 43315 S2/Bab 5: General
    14-Aug-98  20:54:00
Sb: #43177-#jms out of worldcon
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      No, don't know anything about it.

                                                                    jms

   paper or transparencies.  Suggests that it's a lot like B5's
   technology. ]

 #: 43498 S2/Bab 5: General
    17-Aug-98  02:29:03
Sb: #43475-Real-life B5 technology
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Cool...we're ahead of our time.

                                                                    jms

   represent the character. ]

 #: 43499 S2/Bab 5: General
    17-Aug-98  02:29:03
Sb: #43477-#looking for quote
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I wouldn't even know where to start.

                                                                    jms

 #: 44242 S2/Bab 5: General
    22-Aug-98  15:49:01
Sb: Music and Magic
Fm: ANNE L. WARNER

Joe,

Is Chris Franke doing the music for Crusade?  I hope so.

I have known for some time, with my head, that Chris Franke has created a very
impressive body of music for Babylon 5.  Today I learned it with my heart and
my gut.

Greg and I and another B5 loving friend went to an SF store in Portsmouth for
a charity signing Michael O'Hare was doing.  We had heard that he was sick,
and expected only to see Sandy Bruckner, but he was there, and we talked for a
few minutes, wishing him future happiness, etc., and then left him to the
mercies of our fellow fans.

But we bought two episode sound track CD's, "Into the Fire" and "Face of the
Enemy."  The second one really gave the woofers a workout!  They are both
superb.  We all heard things there that we had missed in watching the
episodes.  The action kept us from noticing the music!

When you think about it, that's saying a lot.  Your writing is so good that it
can obscure Chris Franke's magnificent music, and relegate it into the
background.  Chris' music is so gorgeous that it stands on its own, without
ever needing the images to be fully enjoyable and enriching.

That's an amazing feat from both of you.

Thanks so much, for the umpteenth time.

Anne

 #: 44745 S2/Bab 5: General
    27-Aug-98  00:56:11
Sb: #44242-#Music and Magic
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks, and yeah, they're great soundtracks.

                                                                    jms

 #: 44752 S2/Bab 5: General
    27-Aug-98  03:53:08
Sb: #44745-#Music and Magic
Fm: ANNE L. WARNER

You're back!

How are you feeling?  Did you have fun at the Wrap Party without making
yourself sicker?

Anne

 #: 44788 S2/Bab 5: General
    27-Aug-98  14:51:00
Sb: #44752-Music and Magic
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Thanks, it was fun...still a little weak around the edges, but better.

                                                                    jms

   the details of a story before he finishes writing it. ]

 #: 44746 S2/Bab 5: General
    27-Aug-98  00:56:11
Sb: #44661-Creating characters
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      I wrote as much of it down as could be done.  Neither choice is more
inherently better than the other, except that I'm highly absent minded and
would forget huge chunks of stuff otherwise.

                                                                    jms

   the subject. ]

 #: 44843 S6/Fan Club
    28-Aug-98  01:08:07
Sb: #44669-THE OFFICIAL UK FAN CLUB
Fm: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

      Just one correction: the UK fan club is a local UK group, and is not
official in any way, manner, shape or form.