ATTN JMS: TechnoMage Tech (Spoilers for The Long Road and Final

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Tue Oct 26 04:28:38 EDT 1999

From: kensu at madison.tdsnet.com (Chris Schumacher)
Date: 23 Oct 1999 10:31:24 -0600

Spoilers for Final Recokning:
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15

I was just rewatching The Long Road the other night and something struck me;
during one of the early scenes it mentions that the terrorists sabotaging the
Earth Gov machinery on the colony wouldn't show up on any of their surviellance
footage. In Final Reckoning, Bester does something similar using a chip which he
states, quite clearly, is a product of Shadow Technology.
Now, we know that the terrorist was a Technomage; so it makes me ask, is this a
coincidence, am I reading too much into this? I've noticed that while the First
Ones all had equivalent technology, very rarely did they do anything the same
way (I.E. the Shadow way of travelling through Hyperspace, the difference
between the Shadow and Vorlon planet killers) so I guess it begs the question:
Is Technomage technology, SHADOW technology?
It would be interesting, considering that the use of First One tech thus far has
been a case of guys with black hats vs. guys with white hats; i.e if someone
uses Shadow Technology they're obviously evil, and if they use Vorlon technology
they're obviously good. So it would be nice to see a force for Good using Shadow
Technology...

					-==Kensu==-

>Is Technomage technology, SHADOW technology?

Expect more on that question in the forthcoming Technomage trilogy; for me to
say too much now would give it away.