ATTN: JMS: Re: Off-topic from jms re: campaign 2000

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Mon Feb 21 04:44:28 EST 2000

From: WWS <wschmidt at tyler.net>
Date: 20 Feb 2000 14:11:57 -0700

ImRastro wrote:

> JMS wrote:
>
> >The first time I voted
> > in a Presidential election I couldn't *wait* to vote because it would give
> >me
> >the opportunity to vote against that creep Nixon in 1972, for whom I'm sure
> >an
> > entire section of hell has been set aside.
>
> I couldn't wait to vote in my first election because it gave me the opportunity
> to vote against Reagan who, I have no doubt, will be joining Nixon in hell.  I
> was devistated when he won.  I could not understand what I considered the
> wilfull ignorance of the majority.  Ah well.

Even with all the evidence in, you still can't bear to admit that Reagan
was the best president America had in the last 50 years.  Not only did
the country end up in far better shape than it was when he took over,
his policies were directly responsible for the collapse of the Soviet
Union and the death of communism as a serious political movement.

And the left can never forgive him for that.

Proud to say the first vote I ever cast in my life was for Reagan, in
1980, and he lived up to everything I ever hoped for from him.

> Oddly, I think that is McCain's biggest problem (that and the fact that he
> "went negative" in S. Carolina), the majority of his supporters are moderate to
> conservative democrats and he can't make inroads into the the conservative
> republican camp.
>
> He shoulda switched sides.

The democratic party just isn't a home for anyone who respects the
military, or this country's position in the world anymore.  That's
why it's not only going to lose the presidency, but both branches
of Congress as well.

And I actually think McCain's position on National Security is
much more well thought out than GeeDubyah's - he would make
a great defense secretary.  If you recall, he was one of the
only senators who said the bombing in Serbia didn't go nearly
far enough.

--