JMS, Shame on you (was Re: ATTN: JMS: Re: Off-topic from jms

B5JMS Poster b5jms-owner at shekel.mcl.cs.columbia.edu
Tue Feb 22 04:26:54 EST 2000

From: jbonetati at aol.com (JBONETATI)
Date: 21 Feb 2000 19:29:23 -0700

<<You know, it's funny that we all like to say we support freedom of speech and
differing opinions until someone actually *uses* same, at which point one is
pilloried for saying such things (though on the other hand it's enlivened the
conversation a bit).>>

With all respect, JMS, I think that what people are reacting to is that
somebody as thoughtful and mindful as you are should wish the absence of
mindfulness on *anyone*.  That was my reaction, at least. To lose mental acuity
and not even know it is my greatest nightmare and I'm sure I'm not alone.

This latest post, at least illustrates why you despise him and the fact that
you are aware of his entire career as a basis for your opinion.  That makes
sense, whether or not any of us agree.  The other, I'm afraid, simply seemed
beneath you and needlessly offensive.

Jan