[B5JMS] ATTN JMS - Forbidden Planet canceled & rewritten?

b5jms at mail.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu b5jms at mail.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu
Tue Mar 17 04:36:52 EDT 2009

From: Troy Heagy <electrictroy at yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 04:35:03 -0800 (PST)

jms wrote:

> because so much of the Forbidden Planet screenplay
> was leaked out, Warners and I have decided to chuck
> the screenplay in its entirety and start over.

First off, that's disappointing.  Very disappointing.  I speak-out vocally about the damage caused by pirating television shows, but typically that just leads to my banning from the forum.  They don't want to hear it.  If you have no intent of buying some trashy show, no big deal, but if you enjoy the show (like Babylon 5 or Crusade) then you should go BUY it and support the actors, writers, and other workers behind the scene.  To download a television show, burn it to DVD, and stick it on your shelf is stealing, pure and simple.

Second: Is it really necessary to chuck everything and start over?  I just did a quick Google search for your script and I found nothing.  If a google search can't turn-up the script, how much damage has really been done?  Seems minimal - virtually no damage caused.

Also:  What will WB do to keep script #2 secure?

Aside:

I'm disappointed we won't be getting any more B5: Lost Tales.  Those were some of the best episodes out of the whole series, and I was looking forward to seeing more.  Especially with Londo and Vir, my favorite comedy duo.  ;-)